Newbie here, have APC40, and Live Intro

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Brainstrain

Newbie here, have APC40, and Live Intro

Post by Brainstrain » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:49 am

I am no newbie in the industry, but I am to Ableton Live...lost. Been watching all the vidz, but it's all alien to me. If anybody is willing to make a connection with me, I would appreciate a fellow new user, or experienced...does not matter. Somewhere my website is posted, and I don't know if it is okay to put it in this topic, I don't spam.
Thank you all,
Donny..band name=Brainstrain.
8O

Brainstrain

Re: Newbie here, have APC40, and Live Intro

Post by Brainstrain » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 am

ShelLuser wrote:Why not simply come up with some specific questions so that people can answer 'm? ;-)
Thank you for your response friend, I appreciate it alot. I have indeed posted a more in depth topic earlier today, as I am just starting to get the feel of this spot. A large community of freindly artists is what I have been searching for for years.
The simple fact that you replied to this topic is like a breath of fresh air for me, and I thank you for bearing with this understated post.
The more in depth issue is in a post called I may have installed this wrong...I think.
Again, thank you very much,
Brainstrain.

anachroschism

Post by anachroschism » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 pm

grab Tarekiths DJ FX rack pack, 7.2 i think, from the rack thread on this forum.

drag a few songs into clip slots. warp them. Get the first warp marker RIGHT ON the first beat(try shift click). right click and set "warp from here(straight). Listen make sure its on, electronic material usually is fine if the first marker is set right.

Throw the tarekith eqs into each track.

mix.

then go from there. you'll get it.

willrjmarshall

Post by willrjmarshall » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:02 pm

I publish tutorial info and downloads for DJs at http://marshall-law.co.nz/dj-template/.

Brainstrain

Post by Brainstrain » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:02 pm

willrjmarshall wrote:I publish tutorial info and downloads for DJs at http://marshall-law.co.nz/dj-template/.
Thank you :)