THE ALBUMS OUT. Im stoked!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Mint Invader

THE ALBUMS OUT. Im stoked!

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:55 am

Well its finally officialy released. Check it out and buy it anywhere... exept beatport :(

I wouldn't hound anyone to buy it but I just got laid off from work and really strapped... And if at least if you like it share it with a friend!

http://www.junodownload.com/products/1544719-02.htm
Because Whatever.

Mint Invader

Re: THE ALBUMS OUT. Im stoked!

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:42 pm

snipperoony
Last edited by Mint Invader on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because Whatever.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:45 pm

I want to know how it is that you seemingly posted your own reply before the original post?
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

dum

Post by dum » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Mint Invader wrote:Ok. Is it because Im new that nobody gives a shit or because the music is bad.
People are slow to move on self promotion here unless it involves some kind of epic fail. Try to mix that element into your presentation. And unemployment is old hat.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:35 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I want to know how it is that you seemingly posted your own reply before the original post?
Thats weird. Now I do as well... I time traveled or something?
Because Whatever.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:36 pm

beats me wrote:
Mint Invader wrote:Ok. Is it because Im new that nobody gives a shit or because the music is bad.
People are slow to move on self promotion here unless it involves some kind of epic fail. Try to mix that element into your presentation. And unemployment is old hat.
Well I failed by posting the reply before the original post while wearing an old crappy hat called unemployment... How bout now?
Because Whatever.

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Congrats on the release and successfully time-traveling

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:29 pm

contakt321 wrote:Congrats on the release and successfully time-traveling
Time travel was not nearly as difficult. LOL selling this album on the other hand... :D
Because Whatever.

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Any plans on touring? Ultimately that is how you will sell units.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

shimmy

Post by shimmy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:43 pm

cool
Last edited by shimmy on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Mint Invader wrote:
contakt321 wrote:Congrats on the release and successfully time-traveling
Time travel was not nearly as difficult. LOL selling this album on the other hand... :D
Agreed. It's tough out there. The market is totally over-saturated and it's also super easy to steal.

My thoughts:
1. Accept that you wont be making much money off of selling digi-singles
2. Garner as much press as possibly and build relationships through promoting your record. Submit it for reviews on blogs/websites, etc and start building connections with media outlets, etc to raise your profile and hopefully get more better paying gigs.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:34 am

Good Luck with your release.

+1 to the above really. For most impact, you've gotta hit up the right people, so do your research.

While posting on this board is a start, people generally won't buy your music just because you used Live - people here will wish you well but unless you are doing something amazing that appeals to a lot on here, don't expect to sell much here. Find the people and places which have influence and an audience of listeners (as opposed to
an audience of music makers) and you should hopefully get some positive results.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:51 am

leedsquietman wrote:Good Luck with your release.

+1 to the above really. For most impact, you've gotta hit up the right people, so do your research.

While posting on this board is a start, people generally won't buy your music just because you used Live - people here will wish you well but unless you are doing something amazing that appeals to a lot on here, don't expect to sell much here. Find the people and places which have influence and an audience of listeners (as opposed to
an audience of music makers) and you should hopefully get some positive results.
Lol its funny how naive people believe I may be. This is not the only facet of my "low budget" Marketing campaign. Actually I expect very few sales to come from this... but rather some criticism. As this board has an abundance of Ableton Producers I sought feedback (Good or Bad) and generally an open discussion of what could be better.

Ive been sending promos out the ass for a few weeks now and still doing more. I am working on getting better contacts as most drop box emails seem like black holes. But what can you do. Id rather at least an email back "Ya we got it, but it licks donkey dong" than being in the dark.

I appreciate all you guys support. But I really only expect those to love it to tell a friend, or leave comments back on the board for improvement.

I am only young on the outside. 8)
Because Whatever.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 am

I like the self titled track...

Why do .wavs cost more? Server space? or some evil plot to raise the cost of burning a CD at a level of intended quality?
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.