Motherfucking Windows

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Motherfucking Windows

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:08 pm

God I hate it when my system tray icons vanish on their own. Jesus. Have they fixed this shit with 7?

How do I 'disconnect' a device when the icon is missing? WHY ISN'T THERE AN OPTION TO DISCONNECTION IN FUCKING DISC MANAGEMENT? Total SHIT.

And why is it that you close an external drive window, then go to disconnect, and you get that fucking CAN'T DISCONNECT RIGHT NOW message.

?

Any help would be appreciated. lol.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

funky shit

Re: Motherfucking Windows

Post by funky shit » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:29 pm

should have got a mac

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:34 pm

funky shit wrote:should have got a mac
the true solution to everything
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:40 pm

only if your a twat :lol:

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm

I have a Mac, lol. Does that make me 1/2 twat?

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:03 pm

yep

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Hmm. That could come in handy.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:35 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:God I hate it when my system tray icons vanish on their own. Jesus. Have they fixed this shit with 7?

How do I 'disconnect' a device when the icon is missing? WHY ISN'T THERE AN OPTION TO DISCONNECTION IN FUCKING DISC MANAGEMENT? Total SHIT.

And why is it that you close an external drive window, then go to disconnect, and you get that fucking CAN'T DISCONNECT RIGHT NOW message.

?

i dont have 7 so this may not be helpful, but in xp theres a setting from the taskbar settings window to disable hiding inactive icons from the system tray.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Android Bishop wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:God I hate it when my system tray icons vanish on their own. Jesus. Have they fixed this shit with 7?

?

i dont have 7 so this may not be helpful, but in xp theres a setting from the taskbar settings window to disable hiding inactive icons from the system tray.

I know! But I want to enable it (the Disconnect Device icon). Problem is, not only has the icon vanished from the tray, it's no longer there in the taskbar settings menu option.

wtf!?

Fucking Windows. :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:14 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I have a Mac, lol. Does that make me 1/2 twat?
No, that makes you the perfect authority and dangerous threat to the establishment. I don't think anybody can accurately bitch about Windows if they can't actively do the Mac vs. PC side by side comparison. And people who only use PCs at work don't count because if their company has half a brain they'll lock their employees out of anything useful or creative on a PC that would expose the user to the "power" of Windows.

dum

Post by dum » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:40 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:How do I 'disconnect' a device when the icon is missing? WHY ISN'T THERE AN OPTION TO DISCONNECTION IN FUCKING DISC MANAGEMENT? Total SHIT.
take the thumb & index finger of your favourite hand, could be left - could be right - it really doesn't matter, and bring them to the point that your USB device is inserted into your COMPUTER or LAPTOP. now, with your thumb & index finger squeeze gently on the sides of the USB CONNECTION and pull the CONNECTION out of the COMPUTER or LAPTOP.

By now, your device should be disconnected.

LoopStationZebra wrote: And why is it that you close an external drive window, then go to disconnect, and you get that fucking CAN'T DISCONNECT RIGHT NOW message.

?

Any help would be appreciated.
Happens to me on occasion, but it's always because an app I'm running is referring some how to a file contained on the hard-drive. For example a VLC playlist which contains 1 or more files from the hard-drive. In your case, this would be a playlist of videos showing masked men shitting on each other's chests. But for most people, it would probably be something like an audio playlist of lady gaga tunes.

glad I could help loop, old bean!
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:54 pm

This kind of stuff is pretty easy to fix. No need to lose your head or buy a black turtleneck and turn gay.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:13 pm

dum wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:How do I 'disconnect' a device when the icon is missing? WHY ISN'T THERE AN OPTION TO DISCONNECTION IN FUCKING DISC MANAGEMENT? Total SHIT.
take the thumb & index finger of your favourite hand, could be left - could be right - it really doesn't matter, and bring them to the point that your USB device is inserted into your COMPUTER or LAPTOP. now, with your thumb & index finger squeeze gently on the sides of the USB CONNECTION and pull the CONNECTION out of the COMPUTER or LAPTOP.

By now, your device should be disconnected.
Of course, where I thought you were going with that was something involving a stinky orifice. But, you surprised me with truly helpful advice! Bravo!

dum wrote:
Happens to me on occasion, but it's always because an app I'm running is referring some how to a file contained on the hard-drive. For example a VLC playlist which contains 1 or more files from the hard-drive. In your case, this would be a playlist of videos showing masked men shitting on each other's chests. But for most people, it would probably be something like an audio playlist of lady gaga tunes.

glad I could help loop, old bean!
Old Bean! LOVE that! Promise that next time you'll ream me with one of these:

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:54 pm

From my Computer, right-click the drive and choose Disconnect (or eject, whatever it is).

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Stop whining like a homo and buy a Mac. The professional's choice.