Missing Samples in Live 8.1.1 (Downloadable Version)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Dr. Fluffenstein

Missing Samples in Live 8.1.1 (Downloadable Version)

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:38 am

Hi,

I recently decided to look for some waveforms in live's samples folder (using live's browser). But I couldn't find any of the 4 basic waveforms. I'm wondering if my folder structure got messed up somehow. When I go to samples>waveforms>components the only folder I see is 'spectral'. I thought there was supposed to be a folder called 'harmonic' as well, I seem to be missing it. Also when I go to the loopmasters folder and click waveforms there are a bunch of drum hits instead of waveforms. And the 'recorded' folder is empty :(

Is my folder structure messed up or is this how it's supposed to be? I'd really appreciate it if someone could check this for me. Thanks

ps: It's the download version not the boxed one

Cone

Re: Missing Samples in Live 8.1.1 (Downloadable Version)

Post by Cone » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi,

I just checked my old Live 7 library, and it has four folders in Waveforms/Components: Atmospheric, Attack, Harmonic, and Spectral.

I recently upgraded to Live 8 (although on a new machine, so I still have the Live 7 library intact on my old MacBook), and I noticed that now I only have Waveforms/Components/Spectral. Also, there is a lot less material in that corner of my Live 8 library than there was in Live 7.

This doesn't seem right to me. At least this is how it is for me right now, with the Live 8.1.3 download. I did have Live Lite 8 installed, and I didn't zap the library, but just let the Live 8 installer do its thing over it, could that cause something like this to happen? I think I'll do a clean install from CD once I get my box (sometime next week), then upgrade to the latest DL version and see if I get more content that way.

EDIT: I installed some Live Packs from ableton.com/downloads, and I think it was the Live 7 Legacy Pack (best bet) or Samplification (doubtful) that got me those folders in Library/Samples/Waveforms/Components that I mentioned above. Are they really missing from the standard Live 8 Library?