Fun Fun Friday - The Rules of Hi-Fiving

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

penningt

Re: Fun Fun Friday - The Rules of Hi-Fiving

Post by penningt » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Love the faker

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Sat May 01, 2010 12:19 am

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat May 01, 2010 1:12 am

I've been meaning to ask for a while

when did everyone else learn those over-complex handshakes, as seen here in the "12 step" form.
Because I must have been away that particular week. I mean , are there notes, so I can get up to speed?

I was once involved in a preeety cool negotiation over a jetski and some weed which had to end with one of those fucking handshakey-slap-tickly-bump-slap-wave-cuddle-punch-reverseboogaloo affairs

needless to say I have a grade 8 in whiteness and I was deported from Barbados after the incident that followed.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat May 01, 2010 2:04 am

^The thing is, Stevo, Youtube is has a plethora of tutorials. Here are two cool bruthas who show where it at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2tbwJuhj5Q

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat May 01, 2010 1:23 pm

yeah, but how do you know what variant is going to be foisted upon you? We need rules for this shit.

Lets say in a random situation where a guy you don't know is selling you a jetski made out of crystalmeth, is there something in the transaction that implies : we will conclude this deal with a 5 step double-fakeout and French tickle-drop combo , or is it all in a rulebook somewhere? " If the guy approaches from the east wearing a bandanna and shades, and it's the first Thursday of the month then today's handshake ... is on page 273".

I'm usually sucked into a marathon handshake and an frantically improvising up to step 7, then I lose it and go for an abrupt headbutt finisher. Which seems allowable to me.

Also, that video features douches.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat May 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Salty P

Post by Salty P » Sat May 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Angstrom wrote:I was once involved in a preeety cool negotiation over a jetski and some weed which had to end with one of those fucking handshakey-slap-tickly-bump-slap-wave-cuddle-punch-reverseboogaloo affairs
I've just spat my tea all over the screen, quality! :lol:

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat May 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Angstrom wrote:yeah, but how do you know what variant is going to be foisted upon you? We need rules for this shit.

Lets say in a random situation where a guy you don't know is selling you a jetski made out of crystalmeth, is there something in the transaction that implies : we will conclude this deal with a 5 step double-fakeout and French tickle-drop combo , or is it all in a rulebook somewhere? " If the guy approaches from the east wearing a bandanna and shades, and it's the first Thursday of the month then today's handshake ... is on page 273".

I'm usually sucked into a marathon handshake and an frantically improvising up to step 7, then I lose it and go for an abrupt headbutt finisher. Which seems allowable to me.

but headbutts from you have no hair to cushion the blow...I mean I know you're blunt, but damn, dude, that's xtreme

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:44 am

The best thing to do is the preemptive multihandshakeslappinghuggingthingy, just make it up as you as you go and make it as ridiculous and confusing as possible.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Sun May 02, 2010 11:47 am

:lol: Fkn awesome

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Sun May 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Angstrom wrote:yeah, but how do you know what variant is going to be foisted upon you? We need rules for this shit.

Just act cool and start making your own moves from step 3. Get the other guy to feel like he doesn't know what he's doing. :D