iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
regretfullySaid

Re: iPad

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:41 am

Search your feelings, young iPadowan.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:41 am

the fact that the mpc fly won't work with an ipad 3 might just be the deciding factor, hopefully they beef that app up

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:51 am

ImageImage

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:40 am

oh yeah nobodys fuckin with jim rockford

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:01 pm

If you're half blind then yeah you won't tell a difference and the blurriness of the old won't bother you. If you have good vision though and don't need glasses, the old one should annoy the hell out of you once you've seen the new one. The old one annoyed me without ever seeing the new one for every day stuff like email, websites and text in general.

But if you're not going to use it for anything other than a few audio tools, and assuming you can get the equivalent one around half price of the new one (used, refurb, whatever), then ipad 2 might be the way to go. But don't say I didn't warn you. And don't ever look at a new one.
Professional Shark Jumper.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 pm

98% of people didn't mention any issue about clarity until the new one came out, but I do mean if you're getting it specifically for controlling and audio-sketching.

Granted, I was taken aback with the general passivity towards XGA when 2 came out.

There's always Kickstarter....
ImageImage

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:14 pm

beats me wrote: Jobs is dead :x

SACRILEGE!!!!!!

I'm not sure how you and I are going to get past this rather large difference of opinion. I'm frankly shocked that you haven't been more critical of the iPad3 - especially since I know you have it in you. Is the love affair between us over? We need some good Cuddle Core right now.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:32 pm

shadx312 wrote:98% of people didn't mention any issue about clarity until the new one came out, but I do mean if you're getting it specifically for controlling and audio-sketching.
Yeah and I think that's generally true for anything that was designed for the ipad like the apps and ibooks too. For things that were meant for a computer however, it's a whole different story. And this may be where my expectations were different. Here I'm talking about regular websites (like KVR and the Ableton forum just to stick to the musical ones, but obviously equally so for others), and PDFs. These types of things were meant for computer monitors and just did not look good on the ipad 1 and 2, usually requiring a lot of zooming. On the new one these are fantastic and that's a big deal for me. Both give the appearance and resolution of a real magazine.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:13 pm

True.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:32 pm

beats me wrote: :x

I'm neither blown away nor disappointed by the new iPad. I bought it for the following reasons.

1. I'm that much of a fanboy.

2. My life has no real purpose.

3. I've bought iPads since version 1. It's a tradition and hobby.

And as much as this pains me to say it, Jobs is dead so either get on board or go take a retreat with Android products to see what the alternative future might hold.

i forwarded this review to Apple's marketing department and suggested a grass roots approach moving forward.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:00 pm

What drives me crazy is beat's insistence that I 'get on board'.

Get on board! GET ON BOARD?!?!?!?

I refuse to get on board the MEH express. Next stop, a better camera and Siri! Zzzzz.

The iPad3 has been somewhat of a success in large part due to the fact that it's still riding the coat-tails of Steve's Legacy.

The next one? Pfft. They're not going to be so lucky.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 pm

so these fancy magnetic covers really streak the shit out of the glass eh?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 pm

??? Not here.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:27 am

Tarekith wrote:??? Not here.
Do you have the leather or polyurethane? Not sure if it matters. It's like mine collects all the dust possible and places it condensed along the crease lines.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:59 am

Ah! I fold my backwards, so the top (colored side)is to the outside, at least for having the iPad in the flatter position which is how I usually use it. To put it up right, then it has to be with the inside exposed.