TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glitchrock-buddha

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:28 pm

By the way I think everything looks just fine in the app. The main thing I'd want in an iPad controller app for live would be the ability to sequence note values in clips though, so some kind of piano roll type thing. And if it could be set to mono note mode, that would be amazing so inputting a note in the same grid spot steals away from another note), which is good for mono sequences.
Professional Shark Jumper.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:19 am

Will you suport other touch screen platforms then iOS?

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:16 pm

ze2be wrote:Will you suport other touch screen platforms then iOS?
We don't want to split users in 2 categories, so as soon as a good androïd tablet will come on the market, will try to work that way. But it is a lot of work, and not sure good androïd tablet are coming soon..

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:20 pm

rabouille wrote:We don't want to split users in 2 categories, so as soon as a good androïd tablet will come on the market, will try to work that way. But it is a lot of work, and not sure good androïd tablet are coming soon..
I see.. Well, its good to know you are open and ready for it! Personally I don't mind iPad, but a lot of my friends do, and are waiting up for similar products from other companies. This kind of software is what we all are waiting for..

Couple of wishes:
2 or more sends available instantly for each track.
ideally 8 sends. (I see you can have 2 actually, but more?)

For screen space saving perhaps two send view settings: 2 for each track, or 8 for 1 that fills the bottom screen. This would be great for studio production. I use presets from Native Kontrol for my APC 40, which amongst others adds 8 sends for each track. A life saver to me. :)

The same thing with macros would be wicked!

I use 8 sends in my live sets, where the 2 first are for "playing". The rest are static.
I also creates racks of everything to fit my APC, so the 8 macros are great to be able to access!

Rave

Post by Rave » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:32 pm

When is it out and how much? Btw if you need a beta tester let me know. I will still happily pay(for the right price) once it is launched.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Rave wrote:When is it out and how much? Btw if you need a beta tester let me know. I will still happily pay(for the right price) once it is launched.
I think he said it's already been submitted to Apple and is just waiting for their approval process to complete and it will show up on iTunes any day now.

The price question has been asked many times and hasn't been answered.

Rave

Post by Rave » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 pm

beats me wrote:
Rave wrote:When is it out and how much? Btw if you need a beta tester let me know. I will still happily pay(for the right price) once it is launched.
I think he said it's already been submitted to Apple and is just waiting for their approval process to complete and it will show up on iTunes any day now.

The price question has been asked many times and hasn't been answered.
I am just trying to grind him down :mrgreen:

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Limited Time Introductory Price : 13,99 euros

now you know it. :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:42 pm

rabouille wrote:Limited Time Introductory Price : 13,99 euros

Nice. Even cheaper than Griid.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:09 pm

rabouille wrote:Limited Time Introductory Price : 13,99 euros

Is there any note editing/sequencing functionality?
Professional Shark Jumper.

shannong

iPad users expect good forum support

Post by shannong » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:41 am

The app looks great! Can't wait to try it.

Take a cue from the maker of the very successful/popular NanoStudio app. Be sure you create user forums and maintain a presence there. iDevice music app consumers expect to be able to give feedback and ask questions and engage with the app developers in a dedicated forum.

Don't be like the maker of the Electrify app. He's invisible and his app should have a lot more traction than it does: http://www.electrifyme.net/

Do be like the maker of the NanoStudio app. He was engaged with his audience even before the app was released and he's doing GREAT: http://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/

slirak

Post by slirak » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:33 pm

slirak wrote:The mapping of instruments and f/x, how does it work? Will they all have dedicated interfaces like that awesome EQ8 interface in the vid? That would be, like, wow! (I know, I sound like a teenage girl. Maybe I am one. :lol: )

And what about VST and AU plug-ins, can you access their parameters too? Like by simply mapping the parameters with Live's configure button? If so, can you as a user change what kind of controls are used for each parameter? I really hate it when switches get mapped to sliders, not to mention the other way around...
*bumpetibump*

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:02 pm

slirak wrote:
slirak wrote:The mapping of instruments and f/x, how does it work? Will they all have dedicated interfaces like that awesome EQ8 interface in the vid? That would be, like, wow! (I know, I sound like a teenage girl. Maybe I am one. :lol: )

And what about VST and AU plug-ins, can you access their parameters too? Like by simply mapping the parameters with Live's configure button? If so, can you as a user change what kind of controls are used for each parameter? I really hate it when switches get mapped to sliders, not to mention the other way around...
*bumpetibump*

Yes. MAJOR BUMP ON THAT.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Hello guys, here Features and Specs, if you have any questions we will answer quickly:

touchAble does not require any midi-mappings as it uses LiveOSC to communicate directly with the LiveAPI.

Installation

- Download touchAbleServer from our website http://www.touch-able.com and install it on your Mac or PC (that will be open for release date)
- Enter your Hosts Ip-Address on your iPad
- Press connect.
- Within a few seconds your set will be ready.

Clip grid

- Navigate around the set using touches. Need to go faster? Use more fingers!
- Clips & scenes with full colour and name feedback
- 8x15 clips in fullscreen, 8x7 clips in halfscreen allow a great overview over your set.
- Access to arm & solo functions
- Playing position feedback inside clips
- Grid always stays in sync with the set you’re controlling
- Stop Toggle provides a safe, yet easy way to stop tracks & clips.
- Famous coloured box around currently shown clips within Live

Mixer

- Unlimited tracks, navigate with the touch-sensitive cross.
- Volumes, returns A-D, panning, monitors, resets, master & return volumes
- 2 different modes in fullscreen: Mode 8 to control two different parameters for the same 8 tracks, Mode 16 to control 16 tracks at once.
- Scared of clipping? Output-meters provide feedback of each tracks/masters/returns output-levels.
- Mute-buttons for each track

Devices

- Intuitive device selection screen using touch scrolling. Toggle mode to enable & disable devices from the overview.
- Compatible with vsts, audiounits and native live plugins
- Native Templates for few of Lives devices More will be added in the next updates.
- Choose between 3 device modes: Native Mode, FX8 with 8 and FX32 with 32 parameters to be controlled at once.
- Navigate and control unlimited parameters with bank switches
- Never lose a parameter in the heat of a set: parameter name & value feedback directly inside the faders.
- FX8 & FX32: Different fader-colours differentiate continious parameters and multistate-toggles.
- Control 2 devices at the same time

Keys

- 17 note Keyboard
- Touch & scroll Octave-selector
- 2 velocity modes: global or range
- Range velocity mode provides 5 velocity steps within the same key: Press the key on top for low velocity, press it on bottom for maximum velocity
- Keys change colour to reflect current level of velocity
- Tweak the minimal velocity during range mode with the provided slider
- Perform with 2 keyboards in full screen mode

Pads

- 8 or 16 pads mode
- Touch & scroll Pad-selector
- 2 velocity modes: global or range
- Range velocity mode with 5 different steps
- Pads change colour to reflect current level of velocity

Clip & Transport control

- Change parameters of clips : pitch, detune, loop, length, position
- Easy access to transport functions: play/stop, midi overdub, cue level, metronome, nudge up/down, midi record and launch quantization

Regular updates adding more native templates and functionality are a given, Step-Sequencer & X&Y Pads to come!

For detailed setup-instructions & feedback please visit http://www.touch-able.com.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Whoa! Thats one impressive list! :D