FREE Vintage drum machine Racks from Beatserv

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bounte

FREE Vintage drum machine Racks from Beatserv

Post by Bounte » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:53 am

Thought I'd let the community know that we're offering a free Live Pack at Beatserv:
http://www.beatserv.com/free/vintage.html

Vintage is a collection of nine Drum Racks based on classic drum machine hardware. We've set up consistent trigger data and macro controls for easy interchangeability of instruments. We've also incorporated nine unique Audio Effect Racks, and included the presets for use outside the Drum Racks. We've also added 3 beat sets to the pack, including 22 WAV loops we made with the samples included in the pack.

I've been using Live for a long time and love it, so I've been pushing for us to get more sophisticated with our releases for Live. This is our first pack in that direction. Lots of good stuff for free, so check it out and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Dean from Beatserv
http://www.beatserv.com

Silverfish

Re: FREE Vintage drum machine Racks from Beatserv

Post by Silverfish » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:15 am

Wow. This is excellent! Thanks for sharing!

This covers some really good ground if you're looking for some classic sounds.

Bounte

Post by Bounte » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:13 pm

You're welcome! There's been a very positive response so far, so we'll be doing more Live-specific products in the future.

Thanks for checking it out!

Dean

www.beatserv.com
www.bounte.com

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Can't figure out how to download them..

If I log in and add it to my cart it either says it's not there or it logs me off

Bounte

Post by Bounte » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 pm

You have to click the "Add to Cart" button, and go through checkout, but choose the "No Payment" option, since it's $0. Then you'll get an email with the download links, and also the downloads will be available anytime in your online account.

-Dean

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm

I tried that and it seems like every link brings you back to the index the first time you click and then you have to click again to get where you want,

Bounte

Post by Bounte » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 pm

I wonder if the browser thinks you're logged in or not. To be thorough you can make sure you're logged out, refresh the browser cache, log back in (create an account if you need to), and try adding it to the cart when you're logged in.

If you need some more help, you can email me: dean@beatserv.com, and I can give you some one-on-one.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:54 pm

had to click 'log in' like 8 times before it went to the log in instead of the index, and then from there clicking anything will log you out, I managed to log in and get it in my shopping cart but "proceed to check out" took me back to the index page, and logged me out..

I'm on break at work so no biggie i gotta get goin', i'll try later or something..

Bounte

Post by Bounte » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Hmm, I'm not having any problems logging in/out, and I've flushed the website's cache, in case that helps your browser out. But I'd have to know more specifics of your browser, OS, etc. to really help more. Which I'm happy to do any time; just send me a note if you'd like :)

Dean

Bounte

Post by Bounte » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:16 am

@ShelLuser

Seriously, i understand your frustration, and appreciate the input. I've spent countless time myself downloading free audio stuff from the internet, and when I find something for free that requires registration of some sort, I usually think "wtf?"

The whole registration process for free products on Beatserv is really a legacy courtesy to our paying customers. All of a user's purchases, including the free ones, then end up in the same download locker. All their past order receipts are all in the same place for them. Similarly, the collection of address, etc, has to do with credit card purchases. We don't use any of the info for any purpose other than accounting and customer service. We don't even add email addresses to our mailing list unless people opt-in.

I suppose one could use the phrase "nothing is free," since one has to spend time to acquire the product. But seriously, Vintage costs zero dollars, and we're not attached to any big-brother data collection service. Beatserv is just a network of musicians that puts this stuff together for other musicians. We really don't care when people enter gibberish in the registration; as long as it's corrected if they purchase something.

But like I said, we appreciate the feedback, and while we prefer working on the musical product, we'll also work to streamline the web experience.

Cheers,

Dean

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:43 am

nice. thanks a lot :)

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 am

It worked fine when I logged in after work, thanks for the help and the free stuff.. didn't want to leave ya hangin' and not let you know there was some problems with the site, seems to be working fine now though. cheers , CHI town - BIG UPS!

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:03 am

Hi,

great pack, really good stuff for free.

I had no issues with logging and downloading, no problem.

But the downloaded file had to get renamed, the file extension was missing, I just added ".alp" and it worked fine. Not sure if others might have had this.

With this pack and some other freebies that you could get lately from the ableton-site you can set up a quite impressive free library for your ableton live.

Bounte

Post by Bounte » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:35 pm

@pepezabala - thanks for notifying us. It was a mac ZIP archive issue. It should be fixed now, so anyone can redownload the zip file from their account if they need to.

This sort of thing is partly why we released this pack for free - to help iron out the kinks.

Thanks,
Dean