Snapshots for Arrangement/Session View

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
marcel_brunner@gmx.net

Snapshots for Arrangement/Session View

Post by marcel_brunner@gmx.net » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:34 am

In terms of ease of use I'd like to have a snapshot capability for session /arrangement view that allow to quickly change between multiple arrangements / session work flows for the same song (useful for remixing, trying out variants to songs without (re-)loading them.

8bit

Re: Snapshots for Arrangement/Session View

Post by 8bit » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:31 am

Hi Marcel,

I've been trying some work arounds for this. You could for example consolidate whole loop regions in the arrangement view and then use the 'capture and insert scene' function. You can then quickly try different arrangements by triggering the scenes in the session view. This works pretty well (although it's time consuming using consolidate) and there's also two major catchs i've come across:

1. Frozen tracks don't get captured and inserted into the session view
2. Automation doesn't come over to the session view either

So yes, a snapshot function for looped regions in the arrangement view would be a major, major bonus. Hopefully snapshots that didn't involve consolidating and included automation and frozen tracks (it would be nice to have a similar function just in the session view like you suggested).

Obviously you could use the nuclear option - exporting the whole track, bringing it back in, cutting it up and playing around with different arrangements in the session view. I think that's the approach i'm going to use for now.

Hope that helps, if you come across any other work arounds let me know!

chrs
tim