piano roll: select deactivated notes, invert selection

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
luddy

piano roll: select deactivated notes, invert selection

Post by luddy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:05 am

In Logic it's possible to select all muted events, and to invert the selection whatever the current selection is, i.e., select everything that's not currently selected and de-select everything that is currently selected. These are really handy sometimes, for example when splitting a MIDI clip into separate clips for each voice (you can de-activated all but one voice, duplicate the clip, select all deactivated notes, delete them, then move to the other copy and select all activated notes and delete them etc). Would be great to have this feature in Live's piano roll.

And please let us overlay multiple MIDI regions using different colors! (very very handy when writing parts for several instruments at once).

-Luddy

oxygen23

Re: piano roll: select deactivated notes, invert selection

Post by oxygen23 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:38 am

luddy wrote:In Logic it's possible to select all muted events, and to invert the selection whatever the current selection is, i.e., select everything that's not currently selected and de-select everything that is currently selected. These are really handy sometimes, for example when splitting a MIDI clip into separate clips for each voice (you can de-activated all but one voice, duplicate the clip, select all deactivated notes, delete them, then move to the other copy and select all activated notes and delete them etc). Would be great to have this feature in Live's piano roll.

And please let us overlay multiple MIDI regions using different colors! (very very handy when writing parts for several instruments at once).

-Luddy
+1000000

charlybeck

Post by charlybeck » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:20 pm

+

orin

Post by orin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:11 pm

In Logic it's possible to select all muted events, and to invert the selection whatever the current selection is, i.e., select everything that's not currently selected and de-select everything that is currently selected. These are really handy sometimes, for example when splitting a MIDI clip into separate clips for each voice (you can de-activated all but one voice, duplicate the clip, select all deactivated notes, delete them, then move to the other copy and select all activated notes and delete them etc). Would be great to have this feature in Live's piano roll.

-Luddy
YES, PLEASE! As a new user, I thought it was a joke when I couldn't find how to do these things. Like, "surely it's so trivial... they must have left it out of the manual because it's so easy... oh wait, it really isn't here... 8O ... ... :( ..."

sjursju

Post by sjursju » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:53 pm

yes :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

champamoore

Post by champamoore » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:36 pm

i've made numerous requests like this for modeling selection on adobe cs's short cuts. they have selection shortcuts refined to the finest of arts! well designed art. please pay attention to their example.

+++++
if you can't share it, it's not yours.
"i don't know if i'm cool or not, but i'm for real." john lee hooker

live 8 suite
XP32 pro/core2duo T6500/4GB/
ni maschine mk1(1.8.2)/edirol pcr-1

Breaks

Post by Breaks » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:32 am

Agreed!!! +++++

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Yes, please!

diamaudix

Post by diamaudix » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 am

The abelton interface team need to be imprisoned, and have their assets frozen.

Those frozen assets must then be confiscated and used to found a scholarship for students to learn actual software engineering in future.

Doesn't matter if you have the best machine if you can't open the door ...

vitaminB

Post by vitaminB » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:36 am

For anyone still looking for this feature... check out the Max for Live plugin from Dennis de Santis

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/5 ... ion-filter

ozinga

Post by ozinga » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:29 pm

vitaminB wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:36 am
For anyone still looking for this feature... check out the Max for Live plugin from Dennis de Santis

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/5 ... ion-filter
Awesome, thank you