S+Click

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
feeldamusic

S+Click

Post by feeldamusic » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:25 am

Hello,

I would like to be able to "S+click" on a sample in the file browser which would automatically create a new midi track, insert Simpler into that new midi track, and load the selected sample into Simpler.

I think this would be easy to implement and would greatly speed up the workflow.

What do you guys think?

forge

Post by forge » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:16 pm

good idea!!

feeldamusic

Post by feeldamusic » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:46 am

Anyone else thinks this is good idea?

Sly One

Post by Sly One » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:26 pm

Definitely handy... but then there needs to be more use of the Shift and Ctrl keys and right mouse buttons where available in general. Ableton wastes so many of the potential control mechanisms...

forge

Post by forge » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:03 pm

or actually macros would be better along with the ability to assign any key to whatevery you like

feeldamusic

Post by feeldamusic » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:01 pm

Sly One wrote:Definitely handy... but then there needs to be more use of the Shift and Ctrl keys and right mouse buttons where available in general. Ableton wastes so many of the potential control mechanisms...
I agree. Sometimes the key shortucts in Ableton are a bit tedious. Right mouse button should be utilized more.

forge wrote:or actually macros would be better along with the ability to assign any key to whatevery you like
ya, that would be the best. You could create a macro for the common tasks like the one I explained and create shortcut keys for it. Ahh, that would be dream come true.

rEalm

Post by rEalm » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:09 am

Key command Macros would complete me :oops:

SimonPHC

Post by SimonPHC » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:36 pm

But the use of right mouse button command would mean that the design of Mac and PC versions have tot big a difference between the code.
For Macs don't ship with three button mouses standard.

I find myself constantly clicking the right button to find out if if there are small menus behind certain buttons or clips. It would help me alot if the possibilties of this man-machine interface would be used, but I doubt the Abletons will be keen on doing, for reasons stated above ...

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:41 pm

I think anyone serious about making music on their mac would get off their ass and buy a three button mouse. :lol:

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:53 pm

I can just control click instead? I use my trackpad, mostly. I hate using a mouse cos it means I have to take a hand off my keyboard. Pain. I've got the Finder set up so I rarely have to reach for the track pad either. My tab-button is getting a little worn, though ;)

And actually, I think the way MacOS is designed, a multi-button mouse just has the right button mapped to control click, so it doesn't really make a difference if you have the extra buttons or not.

-Paws