So I made (another) dubstep track

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
regretfullySaid

Re: So I made (another) dubstep track

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:55 pm

*Scratches chin and raises eyebrows* - mm yes that reworked bassline and vocode after 2nd half is quite a delight. It wouldn't have the same kind of impact without the conservative 1st half. Diggin'
ImageImage

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:33 pm

beats me wrote:It’s probably fine but I just don’t think a good remix tempo can be achieved with other outgoing and incoming tracks.
A lot of the stuff from Bassnectar and similar artists lies in the 170-ish BPM tempo range.

This one is 180 BPM.

Since they're technically half-time, you could say they're running at 85 and 90 BPM respectively. Totally compatible in a mix IMO. :)

(is this what you meant, BTW? I wasn't sure)

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:07 am

aqua_tek wrote:
beats me wrote:It’s probably fine but I just don’t think a good remix tempo can be achieved with other outgoing and incoming tracks.
A lot of the stuff from Bassnectar and similar artists lies in the 170-ish BPM tempo range.

This one is 180 BPM.

Since they're technically half-time, you could say they're running at 85 and 90 BPM respectively. Totally compatible in a mix IMO. :)

I'm sure it's a doable tempo. I'd usually just get the bright idea to mix it in with something else I was working on cause I got the groove in my head but then the tempo didn't work out.

Carry on with your greatness. :)

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed May 04, 2011 12:08 am

beats me wrote:
aqua_tek wrote:

This one is 180 BPM.

I'm sure it's a doable tempo. I'd usually just get the bright idea to mix it in with something else I was working on cause I got the groove in my head but then the tempo didn't work out.

Carry on with your greatness. :)
:oops: <3 :mrgreen:

I finished it. Free download here http://soundcloud.com/thedeathwave/dont ... l-version/

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed May 04, 2011 1:45 am

I downloaded and I like it a lot. But why the accordion? :x

I'm just seeing if you are paying attention. I think you churn out these hits in your sleep. :P

And isn't it time for another side project, name, and genre? How about Hobble? It will be like Dubstep meets Broken Beat, like the mob showed up and roughed up the track a bit and it's stumbling around the tempo. :P

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed May 04, 2011 2:24 am

it's an organ, bro! get it right!

Or it's an accordion. Or a guitar. I don't know. :lol:

also,help me out.

How about some MinusWave? or some DeathMinus? or Death of You?

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 am

aqua_tek wrote:
also,help me out.

How about some MinusWave? or some DeathMinus? or Death of You?
So if I get you some almost finished tracks you'll BASF them? "We don't make the music you listen to. We make it better."

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed May 04, 2011 3:47 am

well i dont know about the "make them better" part, but i am open to basf the shit out of them

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu May 05, 2011 12:00 am

aqua_tek wrote: Here's another "masterpiece" I started today. :lol:

http://soundcloud.com/thedeathwave/dont-stop-teaser
This thing has been a BITCH to mix down. :x

Here's my first bounce of the full version. Try it out: http://soundcloud.com/thedeathwave/deat ... ullversion