** How many people actually MIX songs in Ableton ? **

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jcwillia

Re: ** How many people actually MIX songs in Ableton ? **

Post by jcwillia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:23 pm

I participated in a post some years ago on this topic (of course I can't find it now...) and maybe this is wide of the point, but isn't it possible to mix/master via an automated plug-in? I routinely have volume issues in all my songs (although I confess to being at the bottom of the talent/skill tree on this stuff) and I think that having a plug-in there just to put basic guardrails on volume and consistency would be a big help.

Does any of the make sense? Someone had once said that theoretically this was possible. Again I can't find the exact post.
Composition Name : JRock3x8
Soundcloud | Blog

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Automate a Utility?

jcwillia

Post by jcwillia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Tarekith wrote:Automate a Utility?
I think it may have even be you Tarekith that I was having this conversation with some years ago.

But yes, I've been away from the scene for a number of years (bad work situation) so my understanding of the vocab might be poor but yes, I think that's I'm referring to.
Composition Name : JRock3x8
Soundcloud | Blog

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:44 pm

If you click on the soundcloud link in my signature, most of my stuff was mixed in Live. There are a couple from FL Studio and Reason. Only because they are older.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel