Komplete comes with a NI Lanyard? Maybe slightly off topic

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Joefro

Komplete comes with a NI Lanyard? Maybe slightly off topic

Post by Joefro » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:04 pm

So Komplete 6 finally showed up on my doorstep yesterday after taking 11 days to make it from Washington to Texas on a UPS truck. Ripped open the box, mentally prepared to spend the next 5 hours installing the software, and what is the first thing my eyes land upon opening the box? A Native Instruments Lanyard (for holding badges or other things around your neck).

At first I kind of thought that was a weird thing to include with a music software bundle. Do they assume most of us are wearing badges all the time? Personally, I was actually pleasantly surprised since I have to wear a lanyard and badge at work every day (at my "real job"), and I'd way rather be sporting this NI one than my boring company one. I just figured other people may not have been as stoked as I was and it got me wondering why NI throws this in instead of say... I dont know... anything else?

Forgive my pointless and off-topic rant.

ollyb303

Re: Komplete comes with a NI Lanyard? Maybe slightly off topic

Post by ollyb303 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:14 pm

I have a Roland lanyard that I love dearly!
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:44 pm

And if you upgrade to Komplete 7 you will get a nifty little piece of cloth to clean your computer screen with or clean the discs with it.;)
I can't wait to see what I get with Komplete 8.

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:04 am

you think thats bad. i ordered kore2 from NI on the 26th Nov 2010 in the sale. after much messing around with orders being processed incorrectly. multiple email contradicting each other - your order has been shipped. we need to confirm your credit card number etc. the unit finally got to dhl 7th Jan 2011. they then promptly shipped the unit from germany to australia by SEA!!!!

ETA now end of March 2011 [maybe] or around 4+ months for delivery!!

latest news this week. NI offered to cancel my order and refund me, but i had to send the unit back when it arrives at my cost. keep in mind komplete arrived in 5 days.