No feedback on the templates I posted?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
tobybennett

No feedback on the templates I posted?

Post by tobybennett » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Mu username is TB323 and I posted a couple templates for harmonic mixing. They've been looked at but no feedback yet. Tell me they suck- tell me theyre awesome- I dont care. I just wanted to see if it helped anyone.

Thanks

gncgry

Re: No feedback on the templates I posted?

Post by gncgry » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:50 pm

they are pretty simple IMO. i don't mean useless but maybe because they are simple, people don't need to comment on them.

also template thing is quite personal. yours can work for you but wont work for somebody else.

another thing is you may want to add a video or just a screenshot of what people will find with the download. that's why i don't post my dj template, i'm quite lazy to record a video =)

about the HM Temp: i'd color the clips (tracks) instead of creating 12 channels with A/B. your effect rack is not transparent, to my taste, effect rack should not change the sound when the knobs are at default position. also you have the same effect on both A/B tracks and the group.

other than that, thanks for sharing,

cheers.
gear: Live + 10 fingers.

Listen: goodgame

tobybennett

Post by tobybennett » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:14 am

I understand what you mean. I did stress that it was for beginners who don't know how to mix harmonically yet, or for people who just bought MIK. I thought my FX Rack was quite transparent when played through my system. I check it by simply turning it on and off during play back. I will have to look into that. My EQ 8 does have a tiny bit of bass and treble added to it's default position, and I purposely did that when I thought of DJing with an analog mixer. I would always have the bass and treble left at 12:30-1:00, but that's just personal taste. The purpose of the post was to get beginners into the habit of knowing that not every track should be mixed with one another and I tried to lay it all out in the simplest way. As far as different FX, the group channels are for major and minor keys, not A/B-ing. Anyway, thanks for the feed back. It sounds as though people are looking for complicated routing templates (which I cannot stand) that make Ableton a toy instead of something that helps you concentrate on smooth, long harmonic mixes.

Much appreciated!!!

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 am

Back in my early 90s rave days, Dj's playing out of tune used to totally ruin my rushes... :evil:

It's like some of them must have been tone deaf (including the clearly oblivious punters).

...Almost like those X-Factor losers that think they can sing...