serious question about loop unwarped clips.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ratox

serious question about loop unwarped clips.

Post by ratox » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Sorry if i judge Ableton Live in a strict way but for me is pretty unacceptable, after having bought the software (Ableton 8) to discover that is not possible to loop unwarped clips. I keep apart my strictly personal opinion that is a kind of cultural and aestethical violence to force musicians and creative mind into thinking that time must be something like a squared BOX despite his true nature (that sensible ears understand naturally.) :) apart from that:

i work also for theater. my music has many (luckily) time and meter changes, but also uses background soundscapes (like forest or city long recordings)

i have tried all the workaround to loop unwarped clips, but no one gives me the opportunity to loop a long soundscape and keep it at the same speed/pitch even if the musical sequences of my live-set do change time.

i beg your help on this question, i hope to have been clear.

Alessandro

ratox

Re: serious question about loop unwarped clips.

Post by ratox » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:12 pm

sorry i have found a solution. I wonder why many people post crazy tutorials on how to use workaround on this....
the follow action is what makes this possible. Very easy....it's just necessary to put a follow action on "play again" status

Cezband

Re: serious question about loop unwarped clips.

Post by Cezband » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Keep warp on, but set the mode to "re-pitch", and keep all the settings neutral (no change in speed or tempo of that clip) and you should be able to switch looping on and it will loop the original sample regardless of global tempos etc.

Hope that helps!
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)