How do i change all the audio clips of a project to complex

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
RD444

How do i change all the audio clips of a project to complex

Post by RD444 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:16 am

How do i change all the audio clips of a project to complex timestetch

I have started using this algorithm because it sounds much better, but my older projects are still set on beats (the default setting - that sounds a bit jumpy)

How do i change all the clips in a project over to complex timestretch?

Or so i have to do all manually

Cheers
"Plugin Delay compensation -PDC WARNING - Ableton Live 9 does not sequence all information correctly in time"
The bigger the project the more out of time it will be.

ErnstEiswürfel

Re: How do i change all the audio clips of a project to complex

Post by ErnstEiswürfel » Wed May 18, 2011 12:30 am

just select all clips at once and change the warp mode :)

careful though with the "sounds better" conclusion. in most cases of percussive material "beats" is the way to go, because it's designed to preserve the transients (attacks) of your audio. in "complex" mode those attacks will often sound washy/blurry.
i agree that for anything else than percussion, complex (or pro) is mostly the best mode.
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo / OSX 10.5.8 / 4GB RAM / 250GB HD / Live Suite 8.2.1

RD444

Post by RD444 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:42 am

ErnstEiswürfel wrote:just select all clips at once and change the warp mode :)

careful though with the "sounds better" conclusion. in most cases of percussive material "beats" is the way to go, because it's designed to preserve the transients (attacks) of your audio. in "complex" mode those attacks will often sound washy/blurry.
i agree that for anything else than percussion, complex (or pro) is mostly the best mode.

Cheers

sorry for the delay I didn't get a reply notification

Thanks for the tips on changing the audio

I found percussive loops sounded odd with beats mode and had odd accents in the wrong place. changing to complex sorted it out.

I'll keep an ear open for 'washy blurry' though :)
"Plugin Delay compensation -PDC WARNING - Ableton Live 9 does not sequence all information correctly in time"
The bigger the project the more out of time it will be.

ErnstEiswürfel

Post by ErnstEiswürfel » Thu May 19, 2011 3:40 am

RD444 wrote:
ErnstEiswürfel wrote:just select all clips at once and change the warp mode :)

Cheers

sorry for the delay I didn't get a reply notification

Thanks for the tips on changing the audio

I found percussive loops sounded odd with beats mode and had odd accents in the wrong place. changing to complex sorted it out.

I'll keep an ear open for 'washy blurry' though :)
yeah just trust your ears i guess.. definitely "beats" is not that good at warping big tempo change.
regarding those odd accents you might wanna delete some transients that ableton analyzed (right-click them above the sample display to remove).
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo / OSX 10.5.8 / 4GB RAM / 250GB HD / Live Suite 8.2.1

Badger123

Post by Badger123 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:32 pm

In complex mode the sound is changed even if the tempo is not shifted. I wouldn't use it as a default.