Best Sounding DAW

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Suecae

Re: Best Sounding DAW

Post by Suecae » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:14 pm

I've yet to read any convincing argument that this or that DAW is superior when it comes to say, mixdown, unto itself.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 pm

ollyb303 wrote:
fisto wrote:yeah, guys. Have fun! While others are leaving Live (and mix in other daws) you are free to be happy with what I would call the "worst sound a digital audio program can have" :mrgreen:
Really funny that some still believe that all DAWs sound the same. Haha, so there is still some room to be a pro and sound like a pro while the music industry gets flooded with beginner-ableton-music :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't work out if you're being sarcastic or just a clueless wanker.
no he's being sincere. he's like 3Phase, but instead of bitching about the quality of "life" or "recitified rainers" he waits for every opportunity to plug Reaper.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:05 pm

The twat factor is strong in this thread.

4 track PortaStudio FTW!
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 pm

funny...the current issue of CM cites Trentmoller's warm sound and details how he does everything inside of Live (admittedly with a lot of UAD plugs but shouldn't Live's horrible engine even ruin those?)....
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

Sepp Ultura

Post by Sepp Ultura » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Why is it that my first mixes in Logic sound worse than the mixes I do now in Live?

In untrained hands, even the most expensive Pro Tools HD system sounds shite. Stop complaining about the DAWs and learn how to mix.

And if you WANT that Live sounds crap compared to the super duper, hyper expensive DAW all the "pros" are working with, then it will sound crap to you. Psychology, this is called.

fisto

Post by fisto » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:04 pm

why is it that my first mix in reaper sounded way better than my mixing in live after 2 years :?: :lol: had to bring it up as you wanted me to
By the way: the cool kids are those who say Ableton is as good as every other daw. So I'm not with da cool kids bro :mrgreen:

evon

Post by evon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 pm

AceLuby wrote:
evon wrote:
Rationalizer wrote:Well I browse through some comments, but stopped after reading this kind of comments "Abletons Live 8 sounds pretty much like bullshit when you're recording with it." There's no useful information in this kind of discussions, only guesses and opinions that aren't based on anything valid or reliable.
Sorry to disappoint you my friend... but I believe, listening to the comments here over the years, that most people on this forum will agree to that statement unreservedly. However, we still continue to use Live and will die for Live and I will leave you to figure that out.
I think you don't understand what the word 'most' means... IMO, 'most' of the forum doesn't give a shit and thinks this discussion is stupid and pointless.
You just dont know when to quit do you..why the fuck are you still here then..arguing :?: :?:

I'll tell you why... because you still want to know why some DAW's sound better than the others.
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Sepp Ultura wrote:Why is it that my first mixes in Logic sound worse than the mixes I do now in Live?

In untrained hands, even the most expensive Pro Tools HD system sounds shite. Stop complaining about the DAWs and learn how to mix.

And if you WANT that Live sounds crap compared to the super duper, hyper expensive DAW all the "pros" are working with, then it will sound crap to you. Psychology, this is called.
Next time..come through the front door and you will know what we were discussing here. Can bet you dont have a clue as to what is a fifth note either Mr. Musician.. baaah!!
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Further more ...this post is closed all you ass holes.
fe real!

fisto

Post by fisto » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:12 pm

A wise man once said: "Use the fork for eating, but use the comb for your hair."
Why are you guys trying to style your hair with a fork :?:
Does it hurt? My comb works fine here, got some pretty hair :mrgreen:

Sepp Ultura

Post by Sepp Ultura » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:18 pm

evon: I beg you pardon? Why such an aggressie tone? I tried to contribute something to the discussion and didn't address you personally. Can you distinguish a general "you" from a personal "you"?

Chill, man!

Cheers,
Matt

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm

An fool once said
A wise man once said: "Use the fork for eating, but use the comb for your hair."
Why are you guys trying to style your hair with a fork :?:
Does it hurt? My comb works fine here, got some pretty hair :mrgreen:
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:51 am

evon wrote:
AceLuby wrote:
evon wrote:\

Sorry to disappoint you my friend... but I believe, listening to the comments here over the years, that most people on this forum will agree to that statement unreservedly. However, we still continue to use Live and will die for Live and I will leave you to figure that out.
I think you don't understand what the word 'most' means... IMO, 'most' of the forum doesn't give a shit and thinks this discussion is stupid and pointless.
You just dont know when to quit do you..why the fuck are you still here then..arguing :?: :?:

I'll tell you why... because you still want to know why some DAW's sound better than the others.
Who's arguing? I just don't think you understand what 'most' means. Either that or you don't understand that you are in an ableton live forum.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:57 am

Cubase is!

rcpunker

Post by rcpunker » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:45 am

I love GARAGEBAND and I love waffles with peanut butter and syrup and hot cocoa.
I hate my neighbor for stealing my garden hose.
I like long walks off a short pier.