mapping impulse/drumrack cells to apc40

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kev herb

mapping impulse/drumrack cells to apc40

Post by kev herb » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:05 pm

instead of playing drumrack/impulse cells on my midi keyboard id like to try and play them from my apc40 clip launch pads but in midi map mode the actual cells are not a mappable option so is there a way to do this without max/bomes?

cheers
kev
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

Buleriachk

Re: mapping impulse/drumrack cells to apc40

Post by Buleriachk » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:18 am

http://www.nativekontrol.com/apC_Series.html
kev herb wrote:instead of playing drumrack/impulse cells on my midi keyboard id like to try and play them from my apc40 clip launch pads but in midi map mode the actual cells are not a mappable option so is there a way to do this without max/bomes?

cheers
kev

kev herb

Post by kev herb » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 am

thanks for this mate :o 8)

ive seen things like this in the past but always needed the full bomes version. i like a bit of geeky stuff but i draw the line there as at the end of the day i just want to make music (when i used to play guitar i never wanted to make my own guitar i just wanted to play it). thanks for bringing this to my attention :wink:

however if the cells really are not mappable in any conventional way how would someone go about mapping to something like a nanopad? is it just me who thinks this is a massive oversight on abletons part? there may be a more conventional way so dont take this as a rant but if not then definitely take this as a rant. surely ableton would have made such a task possible... wouldn't they??

Alibra

Post by Alibra » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:45 pm

I've thought about doing something similar, but the pads on the APC aren't pressure sensitive, so how would that actually work?
Calvinalibra
APC40 + Push + Apogee Duet 2
Ableton + Maschine
To Self: Learn the equipment you have before you spend a bunch of money on new stuff. New equipment doesn't make you better <-- not working out for me.

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Watch the videos on nativekontrol website, there's a mode that controls drum racks with 16 levels of velocity for the pad you have selected.

kev herb

Post by kev herb » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Alibra wrote:I've thought about doing something similar, but the pads on the APC aren't pressure sensitive, so how would that actually work?
for me im not too worried about that as i make progressive house and techno and prefer to get anal about stuff like that with the mouse after recording as im not really after the live sound of say a drum backing to a guitarist.

Dragonbreath

Post by Dragonbreath » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:12 am

Seriously if you want yo use the pads on you apc40 download the remote scipt in linked in my other post download instead and have a read at eh manual... it gives you different modes for you apc40. its like you have like 9 different acp