Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
Slippycurb

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by Slippycurb » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:49 am

Hi, is anyone else experiencing a blue screen of death using launchpad95 with the new update to Live 11.2.6? Its a pretty new laptop with a freshish install of win10 (only audio programs/vsts installed) and the most recent launchpad95 script/novations launchpad/midi driver.
First the launchpad locks up then live locks up and when i plug out the launchpad blue screen of death happens and the laptop restarts. I also have a track sending midi to a microfreak plugged in via usb and a midi cable sending midi to a drum machine.
The launchpad seems to lockup if i switch it to keyboard mode, iv tried to ensure my midi routing is not confusing it but maybe i have missed something, i will try to experiment when i get the chance during the week. It was happening at a jam lastnight so at least not at a gig ha, i was able to still use it for triggering clips etc just had to be carful not to switch the launchpad mode.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:17 am

I'm getting a message from Live 11 when I use the script which says part of the Note messages will be lost (MPE values), and the script must be updated. Anyone else?

Slippycurb

Post by Slippycurb » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:15 pm

yes i had this too when i 1st installed launchpad95 on the laptop....I forgot to mention it above.

tothbar

Post by tothbar » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:02 am

:?: Hellobello!
this script is the best thing what i found on the internet for a long time, but i always experience some errors here and there. I was thinking, that isnt is it possible to use the factory remote scripts, and embed some functions like the drum and melodic sequencer from launchpad95 to the factory script's custom modes? since the summer update we have 8 of them on the launchpadx at least. I tried to look into the code of the factory remote sripts but those files wasnt really human readable (or i coudnt read them properly), and i also not a huge python god or st.
I read the programmers guide for the lpx, and indeed there are blank presets for the custom modes, which can be used for lighshows and stuffs, so probably with a m4l device it would be possible, but i couldnt find any device which worked properly for me.

Do u have maybe some experiences or hints.advices about these topics?
->about the mixing of the og remote script+launchpad95 to the custom modes,
->about the blank lighshow custom mode+m4l device?

bakersdozen

Post by bakersdozen » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:35 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to forgo the mixer mode and gain back the use of the last custom mode on the LP mk3 mini while using the LP95 script? I can find how to bring back user1 and user2, which aren't needed as LP95 functions far superior, but I would still like a way to access at least one or the last custom mode instead of mixer

nilshb

Post by nilshb » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:11 pm

Hi everybody,

I am doing my first steps with Launchpad Pro 95 which I am using with the Launch Buttons App on my Android tablet. Thank you for this very nice software!

I have studied the manual for the standard and pro version and I am struggling with fixed length recording in the pro version. I finde it in the documentation of the standard version, but I cannot find the matching buttons in pro.

Can somebody please give me a short hint how to get there?

Nils

Ptrson

Post by Ptrson » Sat May 20, 2023 1:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm playing around with the melodic step sequencer on the launchpad pro, but the length control does not seem to work. Any note input is the smallest possible length (like literally a sliver on screen). Adjusting the note length in ableton changes the lights to what you would expect on the launchpad, but as soon as touch a pad the lengths revert back to minimum regardless of what is set on the launchpad.

My software is Ableton 10.

Cheers

Wallace

Post by Wallace » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:21 pm

hello,

I am using a launchpad MK1 with the lanuchpad95. I downloaded the script from https://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_No ... e_Scripts/
and carefully followed the instructions.

The drum templates (the colors) appear on the launchpad and the sequencer runs and show the notes which are already present in the mdi clip but when I press the buttons nothing change in the midi clip in Live, i.e. I cannot edit (delete or add) notes of the midi clip.
If I press "user 2" button for long time, it also does not turn green, so I cannot access the MelodicStepSequencer.

What could be the problem?
MIDI in/out is already activated in the Live midi preferences.

I already followed the configuration as it is described in the link above. Launchpad is recognized and the user1 mode can be used as described in the guide.

WhoStoleMyBanana

Post by WhoStoleMyBanana » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:55 am

hello, thanks for this great script is insane!
i have just a question if u can light me up:

how can i replace mixer mode button by user 1 and 2?
cheers!

Slippycurb

Post by Slippycurb » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:02 pm

Try looking at settings.py with a text editor .....on windows its usually here (if you have copied launchpad95 to same folder as myself...>>>"C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\Launchpad95"........about halfway down there is options for the user modes etc.......change the order of the entries and/or disable the lines/modes you dont want using the hash #.

Hope that helps!!

I just realised i misread your question, but oh well it might hep someone!!

Quiet Erp

Post by Quiet Erp » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:20 am

Slippycurb wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:02 pm
Try looking at settings.py with a text editor .....on windows its usually here (if you have copied launchpad95 to same folder as myself...>>>"C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\Launchpad95"........about halfway down there is options for the user modes etc.......change the order of the entries and/or disable the lines/modes you dont want using the hash #.

Hope that helps!!

I just realised i misread your question, but oh well it might hep someone!!
So I wanted to re-enable User2 mode & edited the Settings.py by deleting the # in front of User2. Is this how to do it because it didn't seem to do anything. Any help or advice would be great. I'm a Python baby.

Quiet Erp

Post by Quiet Erp » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:35 am

Turns out that I guessed correctly. After a reboot User2 mode is available in the Launchpad95 script.

Slippycurb

Post by Slippycurb » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:00 pm

yep im pretty sure live scans the scripts on startup so needs to be refreshed, the old "turn it off and turn it back on again" :-)

I always try to keep a copy of the most recent launchpad95 in my downloads so i can overwrite the script back fresh again if it starts acting weird,,,,as usually it is something I have done....