Hi dudes! my first post here, dance-electronic-shit.

Share your tracks with other users.
Jowel Beets

Hi dudes! my first post here, dance-electronic-shit.

Post by Jowel Beets » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:01 pm

I'm a totally newbie in the making music software, I've been playing drums since I have 6 years old but never tried this since 3 months now. I did a couple of songs and I think I've some good ideas in the making but I cant get a good quality sound. I've been checking some tracks here in the forum and I listened some great sounds so I hope you guys could help me giving me some tips ;)

This is my cloud, I uploaded a new song today. let me know what you think.

http://soundcloud.com/makemusicnotmissiles

sorry if my english is shit,
kind regards from spain!

citizenchris099

Re: Hi dudes! my first post here, dance-electronic-shit.

Post by citizenchris099 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:02 pm

sounds great so far. I especially like the track "So many colors man"

Jowel Beets

Post by Jowel Beets » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:24 pm

thanks man, I've been hearing your bandcamp this morning, I listened both tracks and really liked it. Just a quick question for you. How do you do to get that cleany sound man?? As you can hear in my tunes they're kinda dirty (in a sounding way). I know its a mixing issue but if you can give me some advises about it, special ableton moves (lol) or something it'd be really helpful.

thanks for taking the time to listen :D

kanuck

Post by kanuck » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Jowel Beets wrote:thanks man, I've been hearing your bandcamp this morning, I listened both tracks and really liked it. Just a quick question for you. How do you do to get that cleany sound man?? As you can hear in my tunes they're kinda dirty (in a sounding way). I know its a mixing issue but if you can give me some advises about it, special ableton moves (lol) or something it'd be really helpful.

i'm not 100% sure but are you using a high pass filter for any tracks that aren't either a kick or bass?

Jowel Beets

Post by Jowel Beets » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:43 pm

kanuck wrote:
Jowel Beets wrote:thanks man, I've been hearing your bandcamp this morning, I listened both tracks and really liked it. Just a quick question for you. How do you do to get that cleany sound man?? As you can hear in my tunes they're kinda dirty (in a sounding way). I know its a mixing issue but if you can give me some advises about it, special ableton moves (lol) or something it'd be really helpful.

i'm not 100% sure but are you using a high pass filter for any tracks that aren't either a kick or bass?
I think I'm not man, I mean, I've been just using ableton 8 instruments to do the songs. I'm sure you will laugh about my newbieness but... where can I get/do that?? I dont know if I can get a low/high pass filter from ableton instruments/effects :oops:
is there some tutorials or something on the forum?? or some vst like waves where I can get that??

thanks

citizenchris099

Post by citizenchris099 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:52 pm

First off thanks for listening :)
I try to eq to the specific strengths of each instrument. I want each instrument to occupy its own space in the mix so I eq accordingly.

kanuck

Post by kanuck » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Jowel Beets wrote:
kanuck wrote:

I think I'm not man, I mean, I've been just using ableton 8 instruments to do the songs. I'm sure you will laugh about my newbieness but... where can I get/do that?? I dont know if I can get a low/high pass filter from ableton instruments/effects :oops:
is there some tutorials or something on the forum?? or some vst like waves where I can get that??

thanks
http://therecordingrevolution.com/2011/ ... t-3-of-31/
just use eq8. It'll improve your mixes instantly. But don't overdo it. I also hear the abuse of the high pass filter and some amateur mixes sound really brittle and thin from over "highpassing". My general guideline is highpass everything except for the kick and bass.

Ged Leitch

Post by Ged Leitch » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:37 pm

china lady has some super sounds man - really enjoyed listening to it!!

Jowel Beets

Post by Jowel Beets » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:10 pm

Ged Leitch wrote:china lady has some super sounds man - really enjoyed listening to it!!
oh thanks for listening to it man, the structure is kinda messy, it needs something but I dont know what, so I was like "I'm tired of you bitch" and stopped to work on it. I need to learn how to mix and mastering it.

citizenchris099

Post by citizenchris099 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Check out the Ableton mastering chains. They are fantastic tools.