Volume Syncing Sub with Independent Monitors

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Participants

Volume Syncing Sub with Independent Monitors

Post by Participants » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:13 am

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to figure out a sketchy way to incorporate a sub (nothing special about it but it'll allow me to at least have a reference point to some of that energy) with my two monitors (M-Audio Studiophile BX5's) which are self powered and entirely independent of the sub. My audio interface is an M-Audio Ozonic. Currently I'm routing the monitors to the L/R balanced outputs in the Ozonic, and the sub (which is a stereo input) to the headphone jack. This obviously is NOT optimal, as it's pretty annoying/impossible to keep a consistent monitoring situation.

Can anything think of a better solution for something like this other than updating my rig? I want one knob or fader simultaneously bringing sub and monitor up/down at equal increments.

Thank you!

agent314

Re: Volume Syncing Sub with Independent Monitors

Post by agent314 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:19 am

Get one of these guys: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... attenuator

I have each monitor out coming from one L/R and a 3.5mm stereo out going to the in of my subwoofer,
and this controls everything as well as lets me turn the monitors on and off, like if for example I wanted to overdub something while listening through the headphone out on my interface.

60 bucks is kind of steep for something so simple, but it's nice to have a single physical control to be able to bring down all the volumes at once.

EDIT: updated the link