Live preformance setup: APC 40, Microkorg XL, korg ER1, EA1

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
GR@B US!

Live preformance setup: APC 40, Microkorg XL, korg ER1, EA1

Post by GR@B US! » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:36 pm

My friend and I are combining forces and together we have a Korg ER 1, EA 1, and MicroKorg XL/vocoder and an APC 40 with ableton Live and some other things that I will check on and post later...

I was wondering if anyone has successfully used the APC 40 as the ableton controller then input the EA1 and ER1 into seperate channels in Live then connect the MicroKorg XL as a midi controller to work with Operator and other VST's like MASSIVE and Slyenth1. The goal is to tie together this older Korg gear into ableton in a way that is going to allow us to preform live and to record our sessions and samples in the studio(AKA one of our bedrooms).

I am not sure how to connect the EA1 and ER1 to ableton and how well using the Microkorg XL/vocoder to control massive and other vst will work...A friend recommended the alesis multimix8 to connect the ER 1 and EA 1...

So if that is confusing here are the questions I am asking...
Has anyone used the MicroKorg XL to control Operator and other synth VSTs like MASSIVE through ableton?
Should I use MIDI out or Audio out with the EA1, ER1 into my USB interface?
Does the alesis Multimix 8 work well with ableton live?

Thanks,
GR@B US!