Cuing goes through master output?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jonahfreed

Cuing goes through master output?

Post by jonahfreed » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:16 am

Hey,

I'm using Ableton 8.2.2 on a 2006 Macbook. I use a Numark DJ IO to cue. I have the master output in the IO settings set to channels 1/2 and the cuing set to 3/4. However, if I turn the cue volume up, I hear it coming through the speakers as well as my headphones.
Any suggestions?

David

chrk

Re: Cuing goes through master output?

Post by chrk » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:38 am

Note that the Track Activator switch on the same track still controls whether or not the track is heard at the Master output.
Manual section on Soloing and Cueing

jonahfreed

Post by jonahfreed » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:32 am

Yes, but I have the crossfader all the way over, with the clips I am trying to cue on the opposite side. and you only start to hear the track when I turn up the cuing level, if I turn the level down or turn off the cue, it goes away.

chrk

Post by chrk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 pm

jonahfreed wrote:Yes, but ...
How's anyone to know such circumstances if you don't tell them in the first place?

... I have the crossfader all the way over, with the clips I am trying to cue on the opposite side. and you only start to hear the track when I turn up the cuing level, if I turn the level down or turn off the cue, it goes away.
I've been trying to reproduce this (Win/Saffire 24), couldn't.
Assigned two audiotracks to crossfader A/B. Both tracks are active (i.e. not muted) - whichever i switch the crossfader to is played to the main out, whichever has cue activated is played through the headphones.

Is there any way with the DJ IO on Mac that playback routing is twisted outside of Live?