reason essentials sale

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rikhyray

Re: reason essentials sale

Post by rikhyray » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:20 pm

ttilberg wrote:Also
rikhyray wrote: Same with the effects decade old, meant to run on 400 mhz computers with 16MB RAM. Propellerheads must scrap those old junky FX and synths and get something up to date if they want to stay in the game.
Sure, but... People made good music back then too.
Yeah, sure but not with Reason, those were the years of infamous "Reason sound" stigma, entry level software. And indeed that is what it was. The professional musicians, if they used Reason then just as scratchpad (and good one indeed). That has changed form versions 3-4 onwards and specially with Record and ver.5 Propellerheads brought it to another level and won interests of professionals The amazing stretch algo, SSL emulation - actually for Live users it is worth getting Reason just because of the 2 since these compliment Live perfectly, are what Live is missing. Then Neptune, Kong , Thor are all great.
The cheapest way is to get any old version then upgrade.

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:28 am

rikhyray wrote:those were the years of infamous "Reason sound" stigma,
True this good sir. I just felt the need to stick up for the software in general, as while it may not be very powerful at that low level, It's a fair deal to get started... After going through the shock of paying through the nose for other tools, $130 doesn't seem to bad... But I have to concede, it is the wimpiest of the stuff Reason has to offer.

Once you mentioned that the Reason demo is so unrestrictive -- well, that's the way to go I think if you are just looking to mess about with the instruments in re-wire mode.

+1 rikhyray
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 am

update...so yeah you were right about the cheap upgrade not being THE upgrade...i bought the cheap joint and it did not work,i ended up emailing P-HEAD,and things were worked out, luckily....im digging REASON!!! reason+ableton is the shizzle!!!! i like redrum alot...i know it is old, but i like the whole 16 step drum beat deal. i started out on an electribe, so it feels right at home for making loopz. i don't know, still just scratching the surface, but no regrets so far.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.