CONTEST: Can you recreate this track?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
abletony84

CONTEST: Can you recreate this track?

Post by abletony84 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Hello!

In my effort to master what I feel is the most difficult genre to master - roots reggae - I'm curious if anybody here could take the time to recreate this track?

Hugh Mundell (1962-83) & Augustus Pablo (1954-99) - Jah Will Provide

I mean, I can easily do electronic, dance, hiphop and the like. But when it comes to the complex rhythms of roots reggae my mind just goes blank. Would be really cool to see the various ways Live could be used to create this sort of music.

Thanks!

marra

Re: CONTEST: Can you recreate this track?

Post by marra » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:33 pm

thats actually kinda cool ive always found reggae really really hard to produce.. would be nice with some pointers or what not

markhunter

Post by markhunter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:39 pm

The drumming would be the thing for me as I can far more naturally think in rock-esque 4/4 timing not reggae... so that would be a challenge. Musicianship aside the rest would be quite simple, playing along track by track with live instruments - which is how i tend to work... very rare do i cut/paste/sample/warp/etc versus actually play them (drums being the exception... EZ Drummer rules LOL)

abletony84

Post by abletony84 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:09 pm

markhunter wrote:The drumming would be the thing for me as I can far more naturally think in rock-esque 4/4 timing not reggae... so that would be a challenge. Musicianship aside the rest would be quite simple, playing along track by track with live instruments - which is how i tend to work... very rare do i cut/paste/sample/warp/etc versus actually play them (drums being the exception... EZ Drummer rules LOL)
what u waiting for?

markhunter

Post by markhunter » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:59 pm

abletony84 wrote:what u waiting for?
Oh I don't know... motivation, desire, time i could be spending on the music i do do ( www.soundcloud.com/mark-the-guitarist ) - take your pick ;-)