Skip Back Sampling

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
ResonanceMan

Skip Back Sampling

Post by ResonanceMan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:21 pm

check out the old Roland Phantom series and notice the skip button. It uses a chunk of Ram to constantly monitor audio. Would make a nice plugin to stick on a master or even audio tracks that monitor mics. would also work as a global button too.
Oh yeah, and dont forget to monitor midi for skip back sampling. Would be nice to have a knob i can adjust to set the amount of RAM /time audio gets monitored by the skip back buffer.... So one click, and capture backwards anything in the studio that happens. I've gotten completely away from making songs via click tracks. all live loop launching to set the tempos correctly, but the looper needs to also work for midi, and also needs an audio-peak or midi signal to start the recording. This is what Polar in Digital Performer has done for 10 years.

Thank Abe, you rock! ;)

ResonanceMan

Re: Skip Back Sampling

Post by ResonanceMan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:26 pm

so, the thing is about this plugin MOTU designed is that, it requires no touching of foot pedal to cue loops. all you do is move to the next instrument and start playing, Polar records and layers it in. I've watched a guy play a whole band of instruments once, moving from one to the next, and not even touching a button..... I think this will really compliment the Ableton system....

Any thoughts?

ResonanceMan

Re: Skip Back Sampling

Post by ResonanceMan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:09 pm

So, does anyone use this forum anymore?