BCF2000 red box possible ? APC40 sync possible ? Please help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
axelthroze

BCF2000 red box possible ? APC40 sync possible ? Please help

Post by axelthroze » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:08 pm

I just got a BCF2000 running with Live 8 in Mackie emulation mode. Works pretty good for me as I mainly am just using for mixdown control. My biggest issue is tracking where in my production the BCF is controlling without having to wiggle a knob. Am I the only one that is not having visual feedback either in live or on my BCF screen as to what I am controlling ? Has anyone figured out a workaround for this ?

If achieving visual feedback is not possible for BCF on its own, I was wondering if anyone is aware how to 'sync' or link the APC40 focus and BCF focus. What I mean is if i were to control track left/right or bank left/right on APC and the BCF moves with it. This way I can at least use the APC's red box as a visual indicator of where I am at and which bank is selected.

Any help/insight would be very much appreciated, I have had no luck on other forums and even from Behringer support.

Thanks!

Edit: I should have mentioned I am on Mac, not Win.
Last edited by axelthroze on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solger

Re: BCF2000 red box possible ? APC40 sync possible ? Please help

Post by solger » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 am

axelthroze wrote:I just got a BCF2000 running with Live 8 in Mackie emulation mode. Works pretty good for me as I mainly am just using for mixdown control. My biggest issue is tracking where in my production the BCF is controlling without having to wiggle a knob. Am I the only one that is not having visual feedback either in live or on my BCF screen as to what I am controlling ? Has anyone figured out a workaround for this ?

If achieving visual feedback is not possible for BCF on its own, I was wondering if anyone is aware how to 'sync' or link the APC40 focus and BCF focus. What I mean is if i were to control track left/right or bank left/right on APC and the BCF moves with it. This way I can at least use the APC's red box as a visual indicator of where I am at and which bank is selected.

Any help/insight would be very much appreciated, I have had no luck on other forums and even from Behringer support.

Thanks!
Maybe this helps:
If you are running Windows, you can try using huskervu as virtual Mackie Control Display.

Here's a good explanation, how to set it up: http://www.projee.com/Default.aspx?Page ... eSupport=1

Although this example uses FL Studio, the same steps apply for Live.
In Live, the last step is setting your input to "BCF 2000", and the ouput to "Midi-Yoke" (for your "Mackie Control" control surface in midi preferences)

axelthroze

Post by axelthroze » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:17 pm

solger wrote:
axelthroze wrote:I just got a BCF2000 running with Live 8 in Mackie emulation mode. Works pretty good for me as I mainly am just using for mixdown control. My biggest issue is tracking where in my production the BCF is controlling without having to wiggle a knob. Am I the only one that is not having visual feedback either in live or on my BCF screen as to what I am controlling ? Has anyone figured out a workaround for this ?

Thanks!
Maybe this helps:
If you are running Windows, you can try using huskervu as virtual Mackie Control Display.

Here's a good explanation, how to set it up: http://www.projee.com/Default.aspx?Page ... eSupport=1

Although this example uses FL Studio, the same steps apply for Live.
In Live, the last step is setting your input to "BCF 2000", and the ouput to "Midi-Yoke" (for your "Mackie Control" control surface in midi preferences)

Sorry should have mentioned that I am on Mac. Thanks for your input, wish I could put it to use. I have tried the alternative on Mac LC Xview, but I cant get it to really display what I want and Im sort of looking for a solution within live itself. Thanks again!

AlexJoKeys

Post by AlexJoKeys » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm

There is an official mackie emulation display application from beringer ^^But its no work around for the red grid. :?

axelthroze

Post by axelthroze » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:27 am

XploadLiveProductions wrote:There is an official mackie emulation display application from beringer ^^But its no work around for the red grid. :?

I would love to use the display to at least make things a little easier but I'm using Mac. I tried running it in CrossOver but it didnt read my BCF. Any suggestions for a display ?

AlexJoKeys

Post by AlexJoKeys » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:25 am

axelthroze wrote:
XploadLiveProductions wrote:There is an official mackie emulation display application from beringer ^^But its no work around for the red grid. :?

I would love to use the display to at least make things a little easier but I'm using Mac. I tried running it in CrossOver but it didnt read my BCF. Any suggestions for a display ?

Erm, ill try a few things - ive got mac aswell but i use ableton on windows. Im actually having problems with the BCF. It wont dump settings in mode 1, and in mackie emulation mode, ableton is allways crashing. With the display app open and in mackie mode, ableton has to constantly send all midi information to the BCF. - If something goes wrong on the bcf - e.g. a fader doesn't move into position properly, there is a conflict of values, and ableton simply crashes.- ive not idea how to get around this...