Ableton Live tablet feature wishlist

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
golemus

Ableton Live tablet feature wishlist

Post by golemus » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:05 am

If Ableton is not going to do a tablet version in the near future it would be shooting itself into leg so at least I assume that it is in the coming. Here is my feature wishlist:

- ability to do genuine live projects so that you can start a project in the tablet and finish it with desktop or laptop PC
- power efficiency, at least 6h composing session should be possible even with a not brand new battery. I don't know if this is possible with x86 but with ARM it should be.

- tablet optimized user interface
- iPad and win8 platforms (android is currently not suitable for music software)
- considering how much problems VST plugins have caused it might be even better to leave VST plugin support completely away from the tablet version. You can then exchange into VST plugins after schetching a draft with lives own plugins.

One interesting big question is that if Ableton is going to do a Live for win8 tablet, which do you think would be better platform, win8-x86 or ARM (actually called winRT)...?

AlexJoKeys

Re: Ableton Live tablet feature wishlist

Post by AlexJoKeys » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:50 am

Im betting the windows 8 x86 platform will be a sutable live platform. - I proberbly bet, that live will get multitouch support for launching multiple clips. - OR maybe a live update wont be needed, maybe the OS will allow multitouch input into all current applications. Seen as its got a i5 processor, i bet lots of DJ's will use it because it will be pritty decent.

Apple and iPad. - They shot them self's in the foot the day they locked it to iOS with no OSX abitity. - Yeh, the apps are great, 'touchable' works well, and the garage band thing works very very very well - even boasting USB functionality., but now the 8Tablet will come, offering native PC support USB3, and many people will just go for that. - Ableton wont even have to write a new application (as well as other companies) - their current versions will be fine to work with the windows tablet. I bet we will see commercials for many DAW's showing off the new 8Tab. iPad Live hasnt come yet and after the 8Tab, I cant ever see ableton wasting their time developing a watered down iPad version like garage band, so i think apple is going to fall quite hard quite soon and it will be 'ipad 4 time with OSX functionality...' apple now playing catchup - AGAIN haha