Big difference in latency - not the good kind

oddeo

Big difference in latency - not the good kind

Post by oddeo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:11 am

I have opened my master template a few times in 8.4 and 8.3. In 8.4 I am experiencing far more latency on both audio instruments and midi instruments.

I have tried a few experiments and cannot find any setting changes that alter the latency. The latency is causing 8.4 to be unusable.

On a brighter note, even though I am not able to use 8.4, I am getting about a 4% CPU gain when using lots of samples.
Live Suite 12 / Push 3S / MacBook Pro M1 Max 64G RAM / SS Prophet 6 / Moog Minitaur / TR-8S / Zen Delay / BigSky / Yaeltex Custom / APC40 Mk2 / KeyLab Mk2 / BCR2000 / FCB 1010 / UA Apollo 8 / other random gear

[mal]

Re: Big difference in latency - not the good kind

Post by [mal] » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:48 am

Hi Oddeo

We would need more info on this problem.

If available please try another audio device or use the onboard soundcard with Core audio.

If that does not solve the problem, please help us track this by doing following:
- In your help menu, please select "get support". In the help pane, you should be able to generate and find a status report.
- Save out your live set and include this status report to a zip file. Upload to any file sharing service and send me the link via personal message over this forum. Then we will investigate what could cause this.

Best,
Mads

[mal]

Re: Big difference in latency - not the good kind

Post by [mal] » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi Oddeo,

Locking this thread to keep an overview of open relevant problems for the beta. Please open another thread if you can give us more information on the problem that would help us onwards.

Best,
Mads