VSTs not showing up in beta5

greekpeet

VSTs not showing up in beta5

Post by greekpeet » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:38 pm

I've read in another thread this happening in b1, and never experienced any issues myself with it until b5.

My ohmforce and Camel Audio plugins are not showing up even though they are in b3. I've not changed any folders, the VSTs are still there, and no matter they simply don't show up.

Now rolling back to b3, they are not showing up there either when 30 seconds prior to that it works perfectly fine until upgrading to b5.

whats interesting is on my main computer (not my Macbook Pro) this is not and was not an issue even when upgrading to b5. The directory structure was not changed and is a mirror of my main Mac Pro so am at a complete loss of what could be the culprit.

edit - Fixed it. Had to reinstall Ableton (again) and the plugins that where not showing up, trashing preferences, THEN they showed up.

If anyone has the same issues I recommend the process or if things are working on your current beta state to stay there.

[mal]

Re: VSTs not showing up in beta5

Post by [mal] » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Greekpeet.

Seems you solved this by trashing preferences.cfg. I am locking this thread since we wont make progress here.

Best,
Mads