Memory corruption SOS new number

Swan

Memory corruption SOS new number

Post by Swan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Running Diva and while tweaking the wave form knob I get = "Memory corruption detected (0x6e). Please contact support@ableton.com." (Note the number 6e) Diva continues to run, Live freezes then launches the report page. When I CAD there is a horrible buzz until Live is shut down. When it clears the screen the desk top has a stack of Jbridge error tiles representing all of the VSTs from the project. This is a repeatable error. Other VSTs linked through Jbridge have crashed Live also though not always repeatable.

P.S Is anyone else getting a random buzz or glitch sound of short duration using win 7 64. A search of the net turns up several complaints that seem to have appeared suddenly. I have yet to find a positive fix. :(

[mal]

Re: Memory corruption SOS new number

Post by [mal] » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi,

We have just deployed 8.4b6 where we adressed an issue that would cause memory corruption in the worst case.
However, the error you are seeign sounds more like a combination of Jbridge and Diva that several beta users have reported problematic.

Please send in the crashreport to support@ableton.com in all cases and we will look into it.

best,
Mads

Swan

Post by Swan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Installed 8.4b6 and spent the last hour tweaking Diva with no problems so far. Yay :)
I might even turn this beta test into a song when the dust settles.

Thanks Mal

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:33 am

Hi Swan,

Good to hear that the fix was in place for you at least. I am hoping others with the same problem will chime in and tell us whether the fix worked for them also.
I will lock this thread to keep the tracker tidy, but please add new threads should you come across any new problems - memory corruption and Diva malfunctions in particular.

Best
Mads