Turnado - Made for Ableton?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glitchrock-buddha

Turnado - Made for Ableton?

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:22 pm

I never gave this much thought since I already had Artillery and Effectrix, but I recently looked into Turnado a bit more and it seems very cool. The 8 macro knobs that turn an effect on and then modify the sound through the range of the knob seems perfect for live devices/APC etc.

I was also pretty impressed to find out that you can actually set it to reorder the effects signal chain depending on which effect you turn on first. The only other one I know that does that is NI's The Finger. So that's quite different from Artillery and Effectrix.

Anyone using it? Finding it useful in practice?
Professional Shark Jumper.

nuxnamon

Re: Turnado - Made for Ableton?

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't have artillery or effectrix but Turnado is probably one of my favorite plug-ins.. They crammed so much stuff in there and the sound mangling (i hope that's a word) is crazy.. you can have a simple sound and by the time it goes thru turnado, you can have a totally different vibe. I don't perform live but the knobs are great for the apc.. I can get stuck just messing with all the modules.. but don't buy full price, get the sugarbytes friendship deal if it's still applicable.. but yeah, endless possibilites.. do it!