Rename clip greyed out 8.4b7 / Win7

cotdagoo

Rename clip greyed out 8.4b7 / Win7

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:48 pm

Weird issue popped up this afternoon..

Recorded some stuff from Massive into a new audio track, did some warping, selected a few 4 bar loops and split them (ctrl-e) then tried to rename so I could consolidate and with the command ctrl-r nothing happened - check the Edit menu and the rename option is greyed out. I can consolidate fine, but still do not get the option to rename anything.

So all my consolidated clips/files are named "1 17-Audio" "1 17-Audio-1" etc..

I can drag to my library and rename the clip that way, but I'd prefer to consolidate with a name of my choosing.

edit: Also just noticed half the audio clips in this project (brand new, unsaved) aren't able to be renamed. All the audio clips came from my library - so nothing has been dragged in from outside Live's browser. Some loops I can rename, others it's greyed out..

Didn't experience this in the last version

pps - happening with midi clips as well. tried saving, closing & re-opening Live.. no change.

[mal]

Re: Rename clip greyed out 8.4b7 / Win7

Post by [mal] » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Cotdagoo,

Followed your steps recording massive audio stream to arranger in both the 8.4b7 32 bit and 64 bit, using a win 7 test machine.
I have the option to rename recordings both as context menu for the clip and also in the edit/rename OS menu. Same goes for midi clips.

- did you change the location of tempoary recordings?. And just to be sure - do you have full admin rights to the windows account and full read/write rights to the tempoary folder?
- Are you using windows registry cleaner applications such as CC cleaner?

A testproject would help since my last idea would either be preferences or template bugs, please send this to mads.lindgren(at)ableton.com

best,
Mads

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Yeah.. I don't think my steps have anything to do with it unfortunately.

It's really weird - just opened the project again, and in one track I have 12 audio clips.. of these 12 I can rename 1.. the rest have the option greyed out.. This makes no sense to me at all. Similar behaviour from other tracks as well - MIDI tracks too.. I can rename 1 clip, but not others.

- I haven't changed the location of anything - this started happening on a project and I realized I'd been updated to 8.4b7. I am the admin/only user and have full rights, UAC off, etc..
- Haven't used such tools to clean or modify my registry in any way.

I'll send off a copy of the set.. there's nothing complicated as far as I can tell.. Just a default template with a few VSTs and tracks with simple loops :)

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Cotagoo!,

Found it!. It has to do with zoom levels in the arranger. When I zoom out I cant rename the clips, when I zoom in I cant rename the clips on either context mouse click menu or from the edit/rename menu.

Thanks for sending in the project, it made the difference!. This is now tracked internally and we should be able to fix this. I will lock the thread since we now have the information that we need.

Best,
Mads