Big Ups To The Ableton Community

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sporkles

Re: Big Ups To The Ableton Community

Post by sporkles » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:42 pm

This is an Ableton forum? Well, that explains a lot... I'm out of here.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:32 pm

I massively love this place and all its characters as well. Reading here every day - not posting a lot though trying to keep my noobness a secret (Is there a way to hide the amount of posts?!)

Honestly, no one around me has an idea what i am doing at night in my small chinese expat microcosm. I'm happy that this forum is full of people who understand what i am wasting my time with.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 pm

funken wrote:
h3rtz wrote:not posting a lot though trying to keep my noobness a secret (Is there a way to hide the amount of posts?!)
Just post like crazy for a bit, any old shit will do. Quadruple post one liners. Anything goes.

So you live in China? Where are you from then?
Thats another secret (+1 one liner in the bank :D )

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:21 pm

funken wrote:So, how's China these days? How come you're allowed the internet? :D
could make for a good blog post.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:09 am

funken wrote:So, how's China these days? How come you're allowed the internet? :D
i am spying on this forum and writing a report to the government each week. tone deft watch out :D

i love china and the chinese, well, most of the time. don't believe everything the media tells you about this place, their point of view is extremely negative and china bashing seems to be just totally en vogue and globally accepted. can you imagine that in the city where i live the most common transportation vehicles are electric scooters? and that there's fully electric taxis and busses? how long exactly are we waiting for electric mobility in Europe or the U.S.?

but music wise they are 15 years behind, easily. everyone who knows how to handle a DJ controller can be a DJ in one of these big bling bling clubs. whenever i go out i get drunk as quick as possible because i can't stand the music. all of you dubstep producers in here, come to china in 10 years and you'll be precisely hitting the wave :lol:
Tone Deft wrote:
could make for a good blog post.
that indeed is a problem, not only because my job keeps me busy 24/7 at times. blogging pages are generally blocked. you can only use chinese blogging sites like weibo.com.

that's a good opportunity to mention something that's on my mind for a while:

youtube is blocked as well in china and even under the use of proxy clients not really accessible.

SO IF YOU TUTORIAL WEBSITE GUYS LIKE FUNKEN WOULD POST YOUR STUFF ON THE CHINESE EQUIVALENT WEBPAGE YOUCU.COM YOU WOULD RAISE THE NUMBER OF POTENTIAL AUDIENCE BY ONE BILLION INSTANTLY (and in the same time help me out with this issue...*cough* ).

really, the chinese are extremely willing to learn and i believe there's loads of potetnial here in any way. that's why i came and that's what made me stay. i am german by the way.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 pm

I feel like i killed this lovely thread with my patriotism.

Allow me to appologize with this:

Long live this forum!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:51 pm

h3rtz wrote:I feel like i killed this lovely thread with my patriotism.

Allow me to appologize with this:

Long live this forum!
^ no way!

the OP wanted to get to get to know the community (koo-coo), so there's no sense in shielding him from the true grit...

anybody else ready for a good flame war yet? :twisted:

9V??

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:11 am

funken wrote:ok, check this kids

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDU2NTQ5MzY4.html
I'm just watching this at Guangzhou airport. Makes me feel so cosmopolitan. Thanks man.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:32 am

funken, could you do me a great favour? is there a chance you could upload that "the last drum rack you'll ever have to make" video on youku.com? i am trying to watch this since days on youtube, but all proxys stopped working. i think its a dubspot video, but i have no idea about who can post waht on youtube. sorry if this is an unfullfillable request.

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:14 pm

oh, sorry to hear that. your mac i mean.

yah waiting is fine. can't do anything better anyway. it's so frustrating sometimes.

the more i appreciate your help!

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:45 pm

H20nly wrote: anybody else ready for a good flame war yet? :twisted:
OSX audio sounds better than Windows audio because macs are faster with more memory, and have faster network speeds with hard drives and firefly drives. Also they make games run better because OSX can run Ableton Live and games at the same time. Also Live 9 is in the Mac app store, and not even available on ableton.com yet.

:Jon Stewart BOOOM! +1 post!:
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Also, H3rtz, I think one of the best posts you could post to for the sake of increased post count is:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=160681&start=570

I'm pretty sure that's what that thread is for anyway :) Great way to pad the stats.
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:07 pm

But the forum link has been removed from the website. Shame.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Welcome! I haven't used Live since 2006 and don't remember shit about it to be honest, I mostly hang around for the community.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:41 pm

steko wrote:Image