Super dissapointed

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
bled-head

Super dissapointed

Post by bled-head » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:58 am

I've been producing for a couple years now, been using various DAWs, I finally made the jump to purchase the full suite version of ableton live 8 legit about a month ago. I figured yeaaah it doesn't have 32 bit, and yeaaaah the automation curves are akward, and yeaaah some of the processing plugins leave a bit to be desired but I use VST's anyways... So I spent over 600$ Canadian, and then find out a month later the exact same product is now 25% cheaper AND COMES WITH FREE 9 upgrade.

So I log in to see how much its going to cost me to upgrade, and 299$ are you f***king kidding me? I am beyond dissapointed, I feel more violated than anything, FL10 offers lifetime upgrades, 64 bit and tons of other cool plugins including a multiband that doesn't suck, but I dish out nearly double the money for live, and a month later find out I'm getting screwed for hundreds of dollars on top of it if I want to get 9? Let alone if I had just waited a month to buy 8?

I really don't know what to say... Is anybody else in this boat?

Linear Phase

Re: Super dissapointed

Post by Linear Phase » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:43 am

I suggest writing an email to customer support. Make a complaint, and see if there is anything they can do for you.
Linear Phase has left the building..

bled-head

Post by bled-head » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 am

funken wrote:
The fact is that when offers end there's always someone who missed it who is disappointed, and also when offers start. It's always gonna happen.

For sure. Buuut... I don't make loads of cash, and I seriously weighed in on a lot of different issues, and then decided to go with ableton... only to find out I could have saved a couple hundred bucks by waiting a month.... and then finding out on top of missing out on the savings, I'm being asked to spend 300 dollars more just to upgrade, when thats pretty much the cost of just buying FL 10 lol. My intention isn't to be all like waaaaaaah... but seriously thats pretty fucked up, and I can't help but feel a little bit like a chump for going with ableton. I sent the email to support prior to posting on here, this was more of a vent and to see if other people were in the same boat.

bled-head

Post by bled-head » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:20 am