Can't upgrade 64 bit beta from Live Lite to Suite

Ryan99

Can't upgrade 64 bit beta from Live Lite to Suite

Post by Ryan99 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 am

I recently bought Ableton Suite 8 and I want to use the 64 bit beta for this version, but since I already used it with my Live Lite license, even after I uninstalled Live Lite and Live beta, when I reinstall the 64 bit beta, I get the Live Lite version and I can't change it.

How can I use the 64 bit version with Suite instead of Live Lite?

Thanks.

PulsePsycle

Re: Can't upgrade 64 bit beta from Live Lite to Suite

Post by PulsePsycle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:07 am

I had some troubles too when upgrading from lite to Live 8 beta. I contacted Ableton and they send me the following procedure:

<------>
Thanks for contacting Ableton.

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties authorizing the Beta version of Live 8.

To resolve your current issue please delete the unlock.cfg file and then authorize Live 8 again.

The unlock.cfg file is located in the following paths:

* Windows (Live 4 and higher): C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\Ableton\Live X\Unlock
<------>

Later I bought Suite and again I had troubles with authorizing. I used this same procedure a couple of times and finally it all worked out fine. Good luck and otherwise just contact Ableton!
i9-13900K, 64GB, Win11 x64, Suite 11 latest, Motu 828ES, LP32, Profire 2626 x 6, M8U XL x 4, Cubase Pro 12 latest, FL Studio 21 latest.

Ryan99

Post by Ryan99 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:19 am

I tried what you told me, but it made my online account revert back to the Live Lite 8 edition instead!

I tried to reinstall Live 8 Suite, but when I authorize it, it gets back to my Live Lite 8 version...

When I try to register again my serial to Live Suite 8, I get a message that this license is already registered to my account...

Anybody can help me?

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi Ryan,

Sorry to hear you have problems with the licenses.
You would need support to help you with the license and account issues. Please contact the general support@ableton.com and refer them to this thread.

Best,
Mads