I need HEAVY dubstep tracks for my fight movie

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tripandball

I need HEAVY dubstep tracks for my fight movie

Post by tripandball » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Hey whats up guys. FroBot here...I need some help.

I just finished up shooting a DIRTY fight movie in the Philippines...and I need RAW, DIRTY dubstep tracks for it. This will be in the film festivals and stuff.

I threw together a rough edit (the tracks are not mixed...not the fight audio added yet...and a bunch a shots not added yet)...but at least you can kind of see what I am doing. I need these ASAP...

Total credits at the beginning and end. Needs to be DIRTY...even industrial sounding dubstep. Kind of like what I have here. Toss off your tracks to chibimokuproductions@gmail.com

I wanted to see if I could help the community by getting some more independent tracks out there. I need 2 more tracks at this point.

Heres a link to the rough edit (the shaky shots from above are for the main actors point of view...and I havent added his shots in yet...so it may not make sense...so don't be confused.)

https://vimeo.com/51877091 (password is jackofspades)

PS. One of the fight scenes is on a helicopter pad over-looking all of Manila. I really need a sick track for this!

tripandball

Re: I need HEAVY dubstep tracks for my fight movie

Post by tripandball » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:59 am

Why not try looking into Electro Trash instead as it would suit a high energy fight scene more than Dubstep? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppzE2AIyLNw

tripandball

Post by tripandball » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:34 pm

nah...I am looking for a specific kind of music...plus, it must be original because for the film festivals...it must be cleared (hold the copyright or written permission to use).

What I would really like is some people just to post their soundcloud accounts so I can sift through some things that I would have permission to use.

I am looking for dubstep or bass...nasty sounding stuff...heavy.

kyleivanblake

Post by kyleivanblake » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 pm

What are you paying?

Most people who can produce something as good as it appears you are asking for don't work for free.

Good music sells itself, there is enough free bad music out there to last a lifetime.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:29 pm

kyleivanblake wrote:What are you paying?

Most people who can produce something as good as it appears you are asking for don't work for free.

Good music sells itself, there is enough free bad music out there to last a lifetime.

I don’t think that holds true anymore. For up and comers it’s all about giving away your music for free directly or letting it be used for projects like this to get the exposure. I’d say the most important thing is make sure the track is part of the magical database that recognizes the track when people Shazam it.

convex

Post by convex » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 am

Shazam is the most important thing you can think of to mention in this thread? I'd argue that the most important issue here is that someone is asking a bunch of strangers on a public message board to contribute their work in exchange maybe for some credit in what might be a film one day when or if it gets finished.

The language in the request says a lot. This video clip is a "rough edit" that was "thrown together" to convince some lucky producer to "toss off" their music to be "sifted through". I'd say the sales pitch needs some work if the goal is to have people volunteer their time and work.