March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
prof_lofi

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by prof_lofi » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:43 am

Hey Guys,

Can anyone answer these questions:

Thinking of getting the box so I don't have to download 50gb of content over the next several days and top out my fair usage internet plan, but if I do get the box, can I still download the program immediately (I want to use it NOW :)

Also, I'm wondering if the Box version is worth it if the difference between Live 8 Suite content and Live 9 Suite content is only 10 gbs, or is it all new material (i.e. 50gb of new sounds) in which case I'd have to download 50 gbs instead of 10.

Finally, are other people who are getting the Suite download version just planing on downloading the 50gbs of content? Isn't that a total pita?

Thanks..excited, hope the site doesn't go down again ;)

Bill

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 am

tone61 wrote:I had just paid with credit card succesfully, but the very last info screen never showed when the purchase site went down.
Let's see if I'll need to do everything from start....
We have been fleeced 8O

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 am

what year is this?

wth...i should be asleep

tone61

Post by tone61 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 am

Just checked: the order was still in my shopping cart.
Then the site disappeared again.
Maybe need to wait some hours.

Better check the credit card though.

Fckthwrld

Post by Fckthwrld » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 am

Ableton really should have released it by timezone... now the whole world is trying to access the download, and so you cant use the page for buying the manual... :/

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:50 am

okay, i couldnt resist anymore. i oredered a push 4 me. 2-5 days its here :)

fistikuffs

Post by fistikuffs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 am

Downloaded!! Now I need to convince the boss that I'm ill and need to go home :lol:

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 am

Timbeaux wrote:okay, i couldnt resist anymore. i oredered a push 4 me. 2-5 days its here :)
2-5 days? That's great... where do you live? Next to the factory? :D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:01 am

artpunk wrote:
Timbeaux wrote:okay, i couldnt resist anymore. i oredered a push 4 me. 2-5 days its here :)
I think he read wrong. When you check out it gives a generic Message about stuff being in Stock usually shipping out within those days.
But the shop itself clearly says 2 to 4 weeks. /cry

3osc

Post by 3osc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:09 am

tone61 wrote:Just checked: the order was still in my shopping cart.
Then the site disappeared again.
Maybe need to wait some hours.

Better check the credit card though.
This happened to me, too. Paypal says it sent the money, though being 4am here, my bank account hasn't been updated. Guess I'll try again in a couple of hours.

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 am

Guillermo Barrancos wrote:
artpunk wrote:
I think he read wrong. When you check out it gives a generic Message about stuff being in Stock usually shipping out within those days.
But the shop itself clearly says 2 to 4 weeks. /cry
nope, i think the shop have some of them in stocka week ago they stated the 28.03.2013 as delivery date. yesterday and today its 2-5 days.

Anyway iam crossing my fingers :)

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 am

i have only paypal but pre-orders are limited to credit card only so what can i do? i wanna buy live suite 9 with push to save 50€ but i can only buy the update with paypal. now i can buy nothing because i loose the 50€ when i buy it seperately.... crap

PorkNBeans

Post by PorkNBeans » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 am

Talk about bad luck... I paid, website down after submitting my payment, shows in my bank account I was charged website goes back up still shows items in my cart and after 5 attempts get into my account section to download what I paid for and not there but the items are still in my cart. Now i have to wait till they fix whatever website issues they're having because I can't even reach customer support because their phone support number I dialed tells me to call back later due to them being busy helping others, not even a hold option when calling so I have to juggle between refreshing the website so I can remove items from my cart so I don't get charged twice and dialing hoping to get someone at the support number.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:57 am

Ableton should consider a name change to SNAFU.

The whole Live 9 thing has been a PR disaster from start to finish....

gadgetboy2000

Post by gadgetboy2000 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:58 am

PorkNBeans wrote:Talk about bad luck... I paid, website down after submitting my payment, shows in my bank account I was charged website goes back up still shows items in my cart and after 5 attempts get into my account section to download what I paid for and not there but the items are still in my cart. Now i have to wait till they fix whatever website issues they're having because I can't even reach customer support because their phone support number I dialed tells me to call back later due to them being busy helping others, not even a hold option when calling so I have to juggle between refreshing the website so I can remove items from my cart so I don't get charged twice and dialing hoping to get someone at the support number.
Similar thing here. I've called my credit card company and they can see two transactions. Both are for the cost of live 9 upgrade but nothing taken for push.. When I go back to the site my cart still has both in it.. Looks like I'll be paying again in order to get the download to work. What a drag.