Is it possible to browse and load clips?

Discuss Push with other users.
yop44

Is it possible to browse and load clips?

Post by yop44 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:10 am

Can't see clips in browse mode. :roll:
My music : Soundcloud

jsn

Re: Is it possible to browse and load clips?

Post by jsn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:09 am

That's because you load clips into session view from Live's interface and you control the launching (and a few other common clip parameters) from PUSH. It is not a substitute for all functionality in Live. You can try out and edit fx on audio/midi clip channels from PUSH however, once you load them from Live. PUSH does not work with audio by design but as mentioned you can do some things with Live's audio clips that no other controller can do.
Live Suite 9.5 (32-bit), MFL 6.1.3 (416a295), Win7HP

yop44

Post by yop44 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:35 am

I hope it'll implemented some times.

In session mode -> press Select + the clip or clip slot > Shift + Browse ti browse clips!

:)
My music : Soundcloud

jsn

Post by jsn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:51 pm

Just found out that when you do have an clip load and you look at the Clip mode settings on PUSH you can move the start and position points by smaller increments by holding the Shift key. I saw that worked for BPM in the manual but not for clip times. Nice.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:34 am

yop44 wrote:Can't see clips in browse mode. :roll:
Unfortunately, you cannot browse and load clips with Push.

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:08 am

Oh please Abes!

I have a bunch of nice clip packs saved.

seeing clips under L9's browser was a no brainer!

"I'll be able to browser clips!!!!!" I thought.

I really really thought I'd be able to use push to browse the new Catagories in L9

This is not the case?

Why not? didn't you guy change the browser FOR Push and yet push has its own very limited browser

It looks like it would/could/should work,

there a browser button, Does this take you to L9 Categories?........NOPE..... Why not? please don't save for L10. I bought Live 9 and Push thinking this was the new work flow and it's not

very disappointing

jsn

Post by jsn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:06 pm

I must say I cannot get away from this device. It is perfectly adequate the way it is. Perhaps loading clips is a problem because of something within the .asd file? Or perhaps it is something about that the clip info cannot be updated within the PUSH itself? I don't know, but it does seem a very logical native feature to have in such an already extremely efficient (the best on the market) Live controller. You can be sure there is a good reason to not have this capability from the beginning. It was sure to be a logical request (more so that being able to browse MFL devices I'm sure..even thought that is VERY nice to have now) because the PUSH already integrates superbly with the other categories (and User Library) of the L9 library.

I dj'd a Live set for my gf and curious gang of cats last night and everything seem quite thought through for performance situation as well as composition. After a couple days a comfortable Live user should be able to speed through menus and button combos on-the-fly to be able to offer a flipping great performance while session clips are rolling. It's fantastic to be able to throw in MFL and native FX while a clip plays AND have full control over filling and adding new Sends and tweaking these in realtime while DJing from the current set. Also to realtime tweak the loop points of each clip AND their warp Modes?! Also going back to Note drum rack mode while you're set is rolling strong and Djing a clip over the other launched clips LIVE on the fly with the loop brace pads. It's like having a seperate mini session mode dependion on what you have loaded in...128 pads! Love it. Much to be excited about on this one IMHO. Keep using it and PUSHing it to its limits (yeah, there's plenty limits to anything) But uncover that sweet spot where you're actually having a blast with it despite not being able to this or that (yet).