Horizontal Scrolling in session view, live 9 Bug??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
adamdegraff

Horizontal Scrolling in session view, live 9 Bug??

Post by adamdegraff » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 am

Anybody else noticing some buggy behavior in live9, session view, when horizontal scrolling? Mine is funky. I scroll to the right, and it self scrolls back to the left. Like it's spring loaded. I'm on 9.0.2, macbook pro, 10.8.3 fyi.

nemoy

Re: Horizontal Scrolling in session view, live 9 Bug??

Post by nemoy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:39 am

yes, scrolling horizontaly is sometimes buggy here too...

it sometimes justs scrolls back left as soon as I release the scroll bar/touchpad
this needs a restart (again!), and then it's back to normal.

another thing i noticed: scrolling with the touchpad through plugins only works, when the height of the mouse is exactly where the title-Bar of the plugins is... I remember it working as soon as your mouse is in the plugins window...
the way it works now is really fiddly...

jbodango

Post by jbodango » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:43 am

+1 i have experienced this a few times as well. ghosts in the machine?

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 am

Happened to me too, only it scrolled to the right. For about three minutes, and then it stopped. Could not replicate it. Odd. Worth reporting to Ableton if we can find out more

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 pm

+1 not had it in 9.0.2 yet though.

badeshi

Post by badeshi » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:45 pm

I had this problem with the Beta and 9.0.1 but in session view would always scroll to the top

I posted it as a prob but couldnt replicate it

It seemed I had some CC assigned to the scrolling which the ghosts in the machine must have added

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:31 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Is this a good time to mention my mouseless scrolling system (mac only sorry). I scroll in Live using the computer's arrow keys, also QAWS. Works nicely, very smooth. Maybe someone with this bug could give it a try. Takes 5 minutes to set up, it's free, mac only, you also have to load a script I wrote. Works in other apps too, I use it a lot.
I really shouldn't be doing this, but I have to:

No, this is not a good time to mention your mouseless scrolling system. For fuck's sakes; could you just TRY to resist the urge to pull your dick out at every single opportunity? How is this helping the OP?

It's not that I don't appreciate all the work you put into that site of yours, but you already plugged "? FREE tutorials ? Tip of the day ? Tip of the month ? News ? Reviews ? Interviews ? Resources ? Free plugins ? Mac tips ? Custom shortcuts ? Task automation ? Useful links ? Featured music ?" - just by responding to this thread.

Seriously: you're killing this forum. It's like having a televised film ruined by commercials every ten minutes.

nemoy

Post by nemoy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 am

Ha!
i kind of agree! :)

distaudio

Post by distaudio » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 am

^ This.

You're ability to market your website is pretty shitting and you've essentially destroyed whatever organic momentum you developed before having spammy posts

Previously I inquired of you where to get a Max4Live plugin for a pop out mixer screen and you openly denied me this information just because "I want more traffic to my website".

Not only does it damage your sites image but if I hadn't been bothered to go an actively seek it out you would have denied the developer of this plugin a sale. That's not good business practice.

Yes your tips are appreciated and your website does have great tips on it (I've employed quite a few), but your delivery on this forum is just worded spammy that's all.

Now can I speak to you about the exciting opportunities that await you as an Amway distributor?

Post by re:dream » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:10 am

Fuck people, give it a rest.

Funken dragging in his fucking mouseless scrolling at every opportunity is pretty irritating as it is, but then you all have to go and flame him every time he does it.

I suggest a modest band reject filter, set to 'irritating but inoffensive spam'. And then proceed as before.

Post by re:dream » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Hmm. I do have an external midi control midi-mapped, have had for years. This sideways scrolling happened once, repeatedly, suddenly, and then stopped as suddenly. I very much doubt it is related.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:53 pm

I thought it may have been my wacom when i first came across it, but if others have the same issue must be a bug.

distaudio

Post by distaudio » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 pm

I do have something to add to the thread.
The OP is talking about a potential bug. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer of that software to fix it or at least acknowledge that it is an issue and address it.
Offering another solution to the issue doesnt fix the underlying issue and is a bandaid fix that may or may not work based on the initial bug.
Contact support.

Post by re:dream » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:34 am

Yes I agree we should contact support - and the next time this happens I will.

But it is difficult to report a bug if you don't understand the conditions under which it happens. In my case it happened suddenly, unpredictably, and then went away. That's not a lot of info to go on.

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:31 am

Awesome, another thread ruined by spam. Nice work dude.