US Navy now has lasers

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: US Navy now has lasers

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:43 pm

I guess it’s kind of hard to comprehend as an American that violence on a mass scale against your own people is a valid means of enacting change. As much as we can passionately disagree with each other here if anybody tried to pull something off like that it would instantly go to putting our differences aside and it would be the entire country against that motherfucker or group of motherfuckers.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:41 pm

beats me wrote:I guess it’s kind of hard to comprehend as an American that violence on a mass scale against your own people is a valid means of enacting change. As much as we can passionately disagree with each other here if anybody tried to pull something off like that it would instantly go to putting our differences aside and it would be the entire country against that motherfucker or group of motherfuckers.
The Civil War was rift with instances of murder and rape performed by active military and non combatants against civilians.
The Irish North and South never rose up against the IRA and Ulster Unionists.
We aren't some breed apart.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
beats me wrote:I guess it’s kind of hard to comprehend as an American that violence on a mass scale against your own people is a valid means of enacting change. As much as we can passionately disagree with each other here if anybody tried to pull something off like that it would instantly go to putting our differences aside and it would be the entire country against that motherfucker or group of motherfuckers.
The Civil War was rift with instances of murder and rape performed by active military and non combatants against civilians.
The Irish North and South never rose up against the IRA and Ulster Unionists.
We aren't some breed apart.
But as far as the US that is like 150 years behind us. The south also thought slavery was awesome at the time.

But I’ve also said this before, if somebody bombed Wall St. or the Federal Reserve there would be a momentary collective whisper of “fuck yeah!” which would shortly be followed by collective outrage.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:46 pm

beats me wrote: But as far as the US that is like 150 years behind us. The south also thought slavery was awesome at the time.

But I’ve also said this before, if somebody bombed Wall St. or the Federal Reserve there would be a momentary collective whisper of “fuck yeah!” which would shortly be followed by collective outrage.
The point is the civilian population in a country mainly just want to be left alone.
Occupying armies and terrorists don't really care whether they live or die to some degree.
America is not made up of heroic vigilantes who would rise up against terrorist acts any more than Ireland or Iraq is.
It happens, in Pakistan there are some anti Taliban vigilante groups that try to protect their towns from raids etc. but it's not like they've driven out every last one of them from their country, which was the picture of American rugged individualism you were painting I'm on about. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:19 pm

If you’re following recent news maybe we’ll get to fully test our lasers over in North Korea. I hope we scorch a giant Mr. Wong in the ground that can be seen from space. Great on so many levels.

:x seen from space

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 pm

:x

i saw an article on msn.com that says that they found a giant stone Mr. Wong in the Sea of Galilee

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 am

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 am

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:10 am

The laser looks like it has more of a pulse thing going on so if it's aimed at a person I imagine it would go something like this.

Zap 1: 65-year-old Floridian man tan
Zap 2: Inverted juggalo
Zap 3: Pile of ash
Zap 4: cause why the fuck not

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:38 am

^ :lol:

just read an article about NASA using lasers to guide probes to wrap asteroids in cling wrap and tow them to the moon's orbit where astronauts would get wily all astronaut stylee on them.

can i have all my federal taxes allocated to that and be taken off the missle/drone/apache list?