AHD / AHDRS envelopes on DrumRack/Simpler

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
bldbld

AHD / AHDRS envelopes on DrumRack/Simpler

Post by bldbld » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 pm

I was quite surprise that there's no "Hold" control on envelope on drumrack/simpler ! I thought Ableton was done by musicians :twisted:.

When I have to play "one shot samples" (like drums), 95% of time I don't care about sustain/release, but attack, hold and decay when it's triggered. Of course there're many other situation where ADSR can be usefull, so, from my PoV, AHDSR is a good choice ...

Not a big programming challenge !

NB : an extended view of the sample windows (EQ8 style) and a view of envelopes, for coarse / fast adjustment (and even the final processed sample) can be a good stuff !

Jarvisimon

Re: AHD / AHDRS envelopes on DrumRack/Simpler

Post by Jarvisimon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:08 pm

+1 for hold.

It's an essential element for making timed samples. Strange omission.

bakku

Post by bakku » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 pm

+100 for HOLD :!:

pbgc

Post by pbgc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:36 pm

I think that setting "Loop" to "Trigger" in the Filter/Global Sampler tab does that (I mean the "When I have to play "one shot samples" (like drums), 95% of time I don't care about sustain/release, but attack, hold and decay when it's triggered.").

TheNobleNemesis

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:30 am

+1

An AHDSR envelope would be an excellent addition to Sampler.

ansolas

Post by ansolas » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:18 pm

pbgc wrote:I think that setting "Loop" to "Trigger" in the Filter/Global Sampler tab does that (I mean the "When I have to play "one shot samples" (like drums), 95% of time I don't care about sustain/release, but attack, hold and decay when it's triggered.").
You are correct but its not a replacement for a AHDSR Envelope, its more a HDSR Envelope

Currently if you like to have a hold phase you have to set the envelope as the following which results in having NO attack phase :

djfriendzone

Post by djfriendzone » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:38 am

I realize this thread is ancient, but I made a M4L "simpler" device that has an AHDSR envelope since I was surprised by Simpler's lack of one. As someone who is used to FL Studio, the sampler built-in has AHDSR envelopes for everything, and I am used to using those. Here is the device: https://maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=6474
I'm also not sure if the workaround discussed still applies in Live 10. Hopefully this gets added to Simpler in an official release.

jedirobots

Post by jedirobots » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:04 pm

djfriendzone wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:38 am
I realize this thread is ancient, but I made a M4L "simpler" device that has an AHDSR envelope since I was surprised by Simpler's lack of one. As someone who is used to FL Studio, the sampler built-in has AHDSR envelopes for everything, and I am used to using those. Here is the device: https://maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=6474
I'm also not sure if the workaround discussed still applies in Live 10. Hopefully this gets added to Simpler in an official release.
This is fantastic and its so random, I was trying to find someone with this exact same problem!

I'm using this on every track except 808s... do you think you'd be able to update it with glide/portamento? :wink:

thevikingboarder29

Post by thevikingboarder29 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:13 pm

+100