NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
HSIK

Re: NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Post by HSIK » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:05 pm

Hi there, i would like to know if the current remote control script that is still work on a updated version of live. I have tried to insert the entire document on user library as mentioned on Ableton website, nothing appears.

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:23 am

HSIK wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:05 pm
Hi there, i would like to know if the current remote control script that is still work on a updated version of live. I have tried to insert the entire document on user library as mentioned on Ableton website, nothing appears.
Hello HSIK, should work on Live 11 according to this message below.

Review the installation and if it still doesn't work, send me the Live log file to check it out.
innimoon wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:26 pm
You are a legend, thanks so much!

To be honest I was reluctant to upgrade to Live 11 out of fear of losing this feature, but you did it again, cheers for that.

atlast

Post by atlast » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:33 pm

For anyone interested, I've posted a version of this script which uses Live 11's newer control surface APIs. Usage is the same as @dynamiiic's latest version, and it adds some UX upgrades:

- more consistent LED behavior, for example when changing modes or working with the clip matrix.
- blinking LEDs to represent playing/triggered clips.
- device identification, so the session ring ("red box") is only visible when the nanoKONTROL2 is actually connected.

The script is here: https://github.com/kmontag/NK2Reshift

It uses the "SET + STOP" factory preset on the nK2 by default, so you can set up your device without messing with the KORG KONTROL editor. It can also be configured to use the original CC layout if you prefer. More details in the README.

Give it a try and feel free open a github ticket if you run into any issues.

Thanks @dynamiiic for the great script and for maintaining it over the years.

Picky-Picasso

Post by Picky-Picasso » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:12 pm

So many years later and this is still SO cool!! Good work!

I think I want to start over and move things around a bit so that the play and stop actually do their job