4-6 weeks.
11%
Less than 4 weeks.
35%

Total votes: 54

lo.key

Re: PUSH SHIPS IN?!?!

Post by lo.key » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:18 am

there may be nothing sinister, but it's certainly a failure of communication, and it would do you folk at ableton well to eat a little more humble pie, and step up the level of dialog with the community. It's frankly disturbing at this point.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:23 am

v00d00ppl wrote:
HighSide wrote:My best guess is that they found a critical failure in the product after release. Requiring re-engineering, QA, and rebuild. I am also guessing they are not communicating for PR reasons.

I am just speculating.
I agree. There is also a chance that the latest shipment had too many defects and now they are waiting on the next batch to test
A critical failure? There are many users out there who have been using Push for a few months or more now. It's interesting that no-one has reported this 'critical failure'! As Dave said, demand exceeded production - that was pretty well an obvious conclusion from the beginning I would have thought! :roll:

@lo.key - I totally agree communication from Abes could be better, but terms like sinister? That kind of language is just feeding the frenzy of those who love conspiracy theories such as the 'critical failure' one! :D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:58 am

Critical failure or not, I find it strange that initial shipment to our distributor was first set to early June.

Then it got delayed till 28th of June.
Then it got delayed with another week to 5th of July.

And now all the sudden the shops have updated their delivery estimate last night to 22nd of August!! :evil:

This is getting beyond a joke now.

There is definitely something going on Ableton is not telling us. As if this was just a too low production issue, we would at least see units continuously being shipped to stores and not these massive delays.
These massive delays are a very strong indication that they discovered quality issues and currently trying to fix it.

Never seen such a poorly handled product launch as this.

turbomartin

Post by turbomartin » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:26 am

It might be a disruption in the supply chain. After all, we are in the middle of an economic crisis.

If there is a lawsuit against any supplier, this may cause a vast delay. In addition to that, a public announcement on any of these kind would only detoriate ones position.

But for now, let's just assume that it's not anything that ugly :)

Regrind

Post by Regrind » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:54 am

I'm showing 4-6 weeks now... That's not July 5th by my rocket science math skills.
https://soundcloud.com/mistergupton
I make beats on an old Huggies box.

djesa

Post by djesa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:38 am

screw this, i have had it, im cancelling my order. pay for something, only to get it half a year later? all the "estimates" are bullsh*t, just look at the history, how the push has kept being "pushed" back and back. im done and looking elsewhere now, only if i see a push in a store, then maybe i will think of buying it (unless i havent found some other controller). the push is a great product it seems, but yeah, im sure with the huge wait and delays, other newer/better products are going to come out. dont waste your life waiting for this, believe it when you see it in the stores, just in time for christmas maybe? lmfao

Tauciu5

Post by Tauciu5 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:11 am

All of you will receive the email from ableton when your push is about to arrive. I've received this email 2 days ago. And is says that my push will shup to me next week, and their logistics partner soon will provide me with tracking info.

DmitriMusic

Post by DmitriMusic » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 pm

My local retailer has informed me that i can expect my Push late August..
Im now going to be a proud maschine owner.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:07 am

Guitar center still says July 5th
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm

v00d00ppl wrote:Guitar center still says July 5th
wait one "business" day

my store (MF) still says July 12th, but let's see what it says on monday

turbomartin

Post by turbomartin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:22 pm

It seems most shops are using a static countdown of a week or 2 on average. This refreshes to the actual 2 weeks when the counter reaches zero, as long as there is no actual delivery date.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 am

There is going to be a shipment this week.
Just way too few units again, so shops can barely full fill pre-orders. :?

Tauciu5

Post by Tauciu5 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:08 am

Yeah, i hope that today ableton will ship begin shipping orders..

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 pm

drez wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:Hey guys, just want to chime in here again to say that there's nothing sinister or disastrous going on behind the scenes - we're not trying to hide anything on our end (except for Project X, but we need at least one text subject to survive before that goes to public beta...). Push orders greatly exceeded our expectations, and we've significantly increased production in response. Thanks again for your patience.

Also, a reminder - if you've ordered Push from the ableton.com shop, then log in with your account to get an up-to-date shipping estimate. If you've ordered from a retailer, then please check with your retailer for an estimate.
David, thanks so much for the reply. It is appreciated. Its good to hear that it's simply "we can't make them fast enough because we didn't realize people would be shooting each other to get them" :-)

IMHO, the take away for Ableton would be:

Respond sooner and more frequently. It keeps the torches and pitchforks at bay and gives the sense of "we feel you" to the customers. If production is behind because you underestimated the demand, that is actually good marketing because it shows that people really want the product. No company should throw money away building product that might not sell, especially when you guys aren't making that much margin on this item right now (that's my opinion, not fact), so there can be leniency but people make up whatever they want when left to their own. The people in these forum's make up your most loyal customer base and love to hear what's going on with the product. I give you the example of Urs Heckmann and crew at U-he on their forum at kvraudio. You really get a great idea of where they are in their process. People feel the pain when things go sideways a bit and also rejoice together when things are coming together. It used to be more like that around these parts, but for some reason, Ableton has gotten away from the grassroots atmosphere and its...disappointing.

Again, thanks for the communication...it always goes a long way with the community! Good luck with this next shipment.
Cool, thanks - and apologies on our end for the minimal communication.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:17 pm

lo.key wrote:there may be nothing sinister, but it's certainly a failure of communication, and it would do you folk at ableton well to eat a little more humble pie, and step up the level of dialog with the community. It's frankly disturbing at this point.
Thanks for the feedback - we're making an effort on our end. Please understand that we've taken all steps possible to up production and get Push out to those who ordered it.