Livecontrol 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

rbro

Re: Livecontrol 2

Post by rbro » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:10 pm

fishmonkey wrote:there's a few to choose from these days:

http://www.sweetwater.com/c1059--iPad_i ... Interfaces

What's the difference between these interfaces and the $30 Apple Camera Connection Kit?

the unknown wanderer

Post by the unknown wanderer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:18 pm

mozzatron wrote:
drez wrote:
mozzatron wrote:
The other problem i had was that i couldn't get the sequencer to work in the app. When i selected it, i just got a message which said 'please select a clip from the launch page'. But there are no clips showing for me to select.
On the launch page in the bottom left there is a "select" button. Push it and then select the clip you want to edit. Then go back to the sequencer page.
Cheers i'll check this out tonight

Any ideas why my clip slots are blank in LC2 (although they do launch the corresponding clips in ableton)
initialy i had the same problem but by holding select and pressing the clip brings up the sequencer, then thats where the fun begins, this has given me a new found energy, and the ability to create tracks from nothing, in no tome at all, its even putting maschine to the back for me.It works a belter with battery 4

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:21 pm

rbro wrote:

What's the difference between these interfaces and the $30 Apple Camera Connection Kit?
the Camera Connection Kit is just a USB connection, which you can use for virtual MIDI with apps that support it.

the other devices provide actual MIDI ports.

the unknown wanderer

Post by the unknown wanderer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:31 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
rbro wrote:

the Camera Connection Kit is just a USB connection, which you can use for virtual MIDI with apps that support it.

the other devices provide actual MIDI ports.
does the camera kit allow you to control lemur or touchable without a wifi connection

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:49 pm

the unknown wanderer wrote: does the camera kit allow you to control lemur or touchable without a wifi connection
sorry, i wasn't being very clear there. i don't think there is any way to send MIDI using the Camera Connection Kit without some kind of USB-MIDI interface between it and your computer. you can just use one of those super cheap one port USB MIDI cable doodads with the Camera Connection Kit though.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 am

the iConnectMIDI2+ is the go i reckon.

Zubben

Post by Zubben » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:52 am

haven't had time to play with it yet since I spent my whole day reinstalling my OS.

But it seems like there is quite some lag when you have a lot of clips, which makes it a bit unusable for live situation... and with griid being discontinued soon, I thought LC2 would be a perfect replacement as a clip launcher + loads of others sweet features.

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:39 am

Zubben wrote:haven't had time to play with it yet since I spent my whole day reinstalling my OS.

But it seems like there is quite some lag when you have a lot of clips, which makes it a bit unusable for live situation... and with griid being discontinued soon, I thought LC2 would be a perfect replacement as a clip launcher + loads of others sweet features.
Griid discontinued!!?? Hmmmm!

What gear are you using? and how many cliips :wink: are we talking about?

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:28 pm

scorp wrote:I experience delay when scrolling through tracks in clip view and modulate view (scrolling through tracks to select devices). When I press arrow a couple of times tracks will scroll eventually but the delay is significant (even on adhoc).

Anybody experience this?
Your experiencing this because your most likely using the Lemur Damon WIFI MIDI. If you were to use something like the iConnect MIDI interface box then your latency or "lag" will diminish I'm sure. Needless to say the Lemur Damon WIFI MIDI is still working superb in comparison to creating a adhoc wireless network MIDI connection (which IMO is a pain in the fkn ass & unstable as FUCK)

People seriously listen here. Stop asking so many questions & just get the damn app. It's fucking sweet & will blow both your mind & PUSH out of the water. Your all electronic "artists" right? Then follow the first rule of conduct & EXPERIMENT.

Zubben

Post by Zubben » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:41 pm

sorry maybe i wasn't clear, I am not talking about lag in the connection in any way. I feel just some lag on the scrolling, when you have quite some clips it seems to be not so fluid. Anyway I finally have everything installed on my mac and will have a proper session with it.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Zubben wrote:sorry maybe i wasn't clear, I am not talking about lag in the connection in any way. I feel just some lag on the scrolling, when you have quite some clips it seems to be not so fluid. Anyway I finally have everything installed on my mac and will have a proper session with it.
But are you using an external MIDI interface for the iPad OR is your connection via wireless WIFI MIDI?

spacecat

Post by spacecat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Works great on live8 :)

(Now if we could only fix the m4l in l8x64, i would be set)

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:42 am

love it
beautiful gui
fun
must open push first or there will be a conflict

spektralisk

Post by spektralisk » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:29 am

squelcht wrote:
scorp wrote:I experience delay when scrolling through tracks in clip view and modulate view (scrolling through tracks to select devices). When I press arrow a couple of times tracks will scroll eventually but the delay is significant (even on adhoc).

Anybody experience this?
Your experiencing this because your most likely using the Lemur Damon WIFI MIDI. If you were to use something like the iConnect MIDI interface box then your latency or "lag" will diminish I'm sure. Needless to say the Lemur Damon WIFI MIDI is still working superb in comparison to creating a adhoc wireless network MIDI connection (which IMO is a pain in the fkn ass & unstable as FUCK)

People seriously listen here. Stop asking so many questions & just get the damn app. It's fucking sweet & will blow both your mind & PUSH out of the water. Your all electronic "artists" right? Then follow the first rule of conduct & EXPERIMENT.
Thanx