Is it possible to assign a Mod Wheel to PUSH?

Discuss Push with other users.
Domokun

Is it possible to assign a Mod Wheel to PUSH?

Post by Domokun » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Anyone know how to assign either the touch ribbon on the left or a knob on PUSH to become a Mod Wheel? I imagine it'd be done in "User" mode but can't figure out how to assign a knob to "Modulation"... would also like to make it a universal mod wheel/knob just like on a MIDI keyboard. Any suggestions/help are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

esaelectronics

Re: Is it possible to assign a Mod Wheel to PUSH?

Post by esaelectronics » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:05 pm

i want to know this too!

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Apparently you can't. At least according to the Sonicstate review, the ribbon is fixed to pitch pend.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:11 am

but it can be changed in usermode, and with using pxt-general, so it should be possible for ableton to add this support just fine

Jeffromusic

Post by Jeffromusic » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:02 am

I feel like someone can make this with a simple M4L patch using the Push Development Kit... but I myself don't know how to program.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:43 am

I personally would like to see this feature as a Live Push feature.

Now I have moved from keyboard more to Push the Mod wheel is very much overlooked as important. When playing in scales mode you cannot just switch to user mode for a MOD wheel, it must be an option for playing.

I would love to see some way of easily toggling the strip between MOD and Bend. I am seriously thinking of a compact MIDI keyboard I can place next to Push JUST for MOD.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Just discovered that NI's Razor allows you to assign "pitch bend" as modulation source. So that will come in handy until they implement the mod wheel to the touch strip.

Domokun

Post by Domokun » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Has anyone figured this out yet? I have a small 25 key keyboard that's taking up desk real estate that I'm only using for it's Modwheel and would like to ditch it if someone knows how to work a mod wheel into the touch ribbon or even a knob in user mode? :)

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Found this the other day (and giving where credit is due) on this blog here: http://sonicbloom.net/en/5-free-max-for ... -features/

The download can be found here (a M4L device): http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... rd-control
Keyboard Control
A device to help add features that Push is missing to help control external devices. Mod Wheel, Sustain, After Touch, Foot Control, Patch and Bank selection. As well as mod reset and panic buttons.
Also includes a nice note and midi cc display. Enjoy.
Patrick DSP

Domokun

Post by Domokun » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:32 pm

elxicano wrote:Found this the other day (and giving where credit is due) on this blog here: http://sonicbloom.net/en/5-free-max-for ... -features/

The download can be found here (a M4L device): http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... rd-control
Keyboard Control
A device to help add features that Push is missing to help control external devices. Mod Wheel, Sustain, After Touch, Foot Control, Patch and Bank selection. As well as mod reset and panic buttons.
Also includes a nice note and midi cc display. Enjoy.
Patrick DSP
This is just what I needed. Thank you sir!