no operator,auto filter,compressor in live 9 standard

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UltimateOutsider

Re: no operator,auto filter,compressor in live 9 standard

Post by UltimateOutsider » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:29 pm

vibhor wrote:i have live 8 still installed in my laptop is there any way i could take its operator and paste it to the live 9 ??? As it will help me saving my money as i am already bankrupted....
Your Live 8 library should still be available in "read-only" mode. In other words, all your presets should still be there. Just look under Live 8 Library in the browser:

If you don't see this, check Preferences > Library > Location of Live 8 Library.

EDIT: By the way, do you see a Core Library listed in your Places? This is what I think is missing from your installation...

vibhor

Post by vibhor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:14 pm

UltimateOutsider wrote:
vibhor wrote:i have live 8 still installed in my laptop is there any way i could take its operator and paste it to the live 9 ??? As it will help me saving my money as i am already bankrupted....
Your Live 8 library should still be available in "read-only" mode. In other words, all your presets should still be there. Just look under Live 8 Library in the browser:

If you don't see this, check Preferences > Library > Location of Live 8 Library.

EDIT: By the way, do you see a Core Library listed in your Places? This is what I think is missing from your installation...
i have uninstalled it sometime back (live 8, but still i have it in my laptop in just an inactive way) do i need to install it again as because of both of these heavy software's once installed together made my laptop started to lag/hang... Or i can just precise its library location to live 9 ??? I mean is there any way that i can use live 8's library without using/installing live 8 ???

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:38 pm

You don't need to keep Live 8 to have the Live 8 library.

What does it say in your file and folder preferences under location of Live 8 library?

vibhor

Post by vibhor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:09 pm

The Finn wrote:You don't need to keep Live 8 to have the Live 8 library.

What does it say in your file and folder preferences under location of Live 8 library?
as of right now its not showing... What do i have to do to make live9 locate it ? Its in my f drive ....

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:00 am

Preferences --> Library --> Location of Live 8 Library --> Browse

andydes

Post by andydes » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:48 am

Operator is part of live that can be unlocked with a serial.

If you had operator on a legitimate copy of 8, then you still own it with 9 standard. Contact support if you can't unlock it.

If you had a *cough* unofficial version of 8 and bought 9 standard, I don't think there's going to be a way of unlocking it. The live 8 library is just presets, not the actual instruments.

Not accusing you of anything, just saying how it works.