Step Sequencer Similar to NI FM8?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
dan85

Step Sequencer Similar to NI FM8?

Post by dan85 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:29 pm

I'm a huge fan of Native Instruments' FM8 instrument, and a big part of that is the arp / step sequencer built into it. I find it very easy to program interesting sequences and tweak them to fit nicely within a track. I'd like to find a Max for Live device with a similar workflow, so that I could send sequences out to my hardware instruments with a better workflow than I have now.

Any suggestions? I included a link to a screenshot from FM8 to give an idea of the interface I like. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/7TU0iuDBPsA/maxresdefault.jpg

chupachups

Re: Step Sequencer Similar to NI FM8?

Post by chupachups » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:19 pm

well, I am the developpeur of : http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... l-drum-box
Are you looking to something similar? in terms of sequences I mean?

I am interested by your sequencer FM8, I am going to have a look at it better and see if I could build a similar one...

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Isn't that more like an arpeggiator than a sequencer?

and chupachups; at any rate the one in fm8 is a melodic seq/arp, not a drum sequencer. And it's highly abstracted, and not in fact x0x, if you look closely.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

chupachups

Post by chupachups » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:18 am

yeap you are right :-(

dan85

Post by dan85 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Machinate wrote:Isn't that more like an arpeggiator than a sequencer?

and chupachups; at any rate the one in fm8 is a melodic seq/arp, not a drum sequencer. And it's highly abstracted, and not in fact x0x, if you look closely.
Maybe I'm not that experienced with them, but to me it's a pretty well featured sequencer. Note length, swing, accent, tie, etc. I just really like its workflow.

I've been messing around with the Mono Sequencer and the Step Sequencer, and I like their features but I just find it harder to come up with parts that I enjoy using them. Any ideas?