Melodyne integrated into live

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
HamHat

Re: Melodyne integrated into live

Post by HamHat » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:44 am

H20nly wrote:yeah... i know... i've purchased them... and every time i do there are numerous people complaining about the price.

so, factor in a deal for a completely separate software package being integrated, with little being brought to the table for the creators of Melodyne, and what you get is at BARE MINIMUM a cost of $100 U.S. having to be passed on to the consumer... i.e. you, me, the others that posted in this thread, and all the Live users who will go slap off writing diatribes about how they don't need Melodyne.

you can tell me how Melodyne stands to gain by selling more copies and i can point you to the cost of their software and we can go back and forth... OR... we can all pretend that this would happen at no additional cost for the consumer and keep adding "+1" and grumbling when it doesn't.
I can make up numbers too. The cost of Ableton is going to go up $1,000.01 because of the use of cytomic. This is obviously a fact.

addi307

Post by addi307 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:35 pm

+1

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Presonus Studio One didn't have Melodyne integration and it cost £350
They included Melodyne ARA in version two, and this forced the cost up to £299 !
Just imagine if this happened to Live, a drop in price of 15%

What ... What?

TBH despite owning the fanciest version of Melodyne, I'm not as desperate to see it in Live as I am other features. i can get by without integration, but some aspects of Live have been painful for years and years. EG: I'd rather see some Bitwig style metaclips to help me arrange in session before I need ARA. Arranging is something at the heart of what I do, ARA is nice frosting.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:54 pm

Angstrom wrote:Presonus Studio One didn't have Melodyne integration and it cost £350
They included Melodyne ARA in version two, and this forced the cost up to £299 !
Just imagine if this happened to Live, a drop in price of 15%
another way to read this...

this hardware company, who decided to make a DAW, realize more people will switch if they drop the price. ROI at £350 worked... or did it?

maybe Ableton will include Melodyne and an .mp3 export feature as a .rev update :idea:

Vit

Post by Vit » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Melodyne is aweful...

Just add pitch correction to sample display and that's it

Maxim Kashtanov

Post by Maxim Kashtanov » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:35 pm

I think that the developers think of which way to go. Before realized opportunity "Convert melody to new MIDI track" And apparently the integration of third-party development instead decided to use their algorithms.

I do not think that after research and development Ableton throw their achievements and foreign technology licenses, although I like technology Celemony.

As an option, it would be wonderful to see the integration of Melodyne as a separate paid pack at a special price for members.